I need some Gen II parts

Lux

Registered
I need a passenger side speaker cover for the door, in black, the top one, but its gotta have the "smooth" jbl stamping (98 perhaps?) i've got one of each on mine and i would like to go with the smooth.

I would like to see up close what the rear view mirror looks like for a 98 model as i'd like to get one of these as well.

speedometer cluster

defrost switch panel (non heated seats)

Prices shipped and pictures to blacklsc[at]gmail.com

If i get these parts from someone who sells parts on the regular i'll even "trade in" my speaker cover and current mirror if you want them to resell

thanks

Last edited:
I've got a rear-view mirror that I took out of a 98 in a junkyard. it looks just like the ones in my 97 and my 98. I thought that was standard (Autodimming, only), although apparently there are some out there that have a compass in them, or something. I don't know, I haven't really seen one up close, I just noticed that it was different. Let me know, or make me an offer if you want the mirror.

I have to tell you though, I don't have any pictures of it, and don't have a camera, either. I can assure though, that it is in very good condition. Let me know.

thats what i'm looking for, one with a compass or something, i have one of those in my 97 but jamie says they are all the same...although i could sworn i seen one somewhere that was different

1st gens are different, all 97 and 98 have the same rear view mirrors with the compass module on the mirror stem.

there is no compass display in the mirror, 93-98 marks VIII's all have a compass module in the car, the display is shown in the message display center in the middle of the dash board, the compass module is in the trunk on the 1st gens, and 97-98's the compass module is attached to the stem of the rear view mirror on the windshield, but no mark VIII ever had a display inside the mirror glass. too much confusion here over a mirror, there are only 3 mirrors possible for the mark VIII, a non auto dimming regular old school rear view, which some had, the auto dimming first gen's which will not work in a 97-98, or an auto dimming 97-98 mirror, ALL 97-98 rear view mirrors are exactly the same there is no two styles of rear view mirror for a 2nd gen mark VIII.

there is no compass display in the mirror, 93-98 marks VIII's all have a compass module in the car, the display is shown in the message display center in the middle of the dash board, the compass module is in the trunk on the 1st gens, and 97-98's the compass module is attached to the stem of the rear view mirror on the windshield, but no mark VIII ever had a display inside the mirror glass. too much confusion here over a mirror, there are only 3 mirrors possible for the mark VIII, a non auto dimming regular old school rear view, which some had, the auto dimming first gen's which will not work in a 97-98, or an auto dimming 97-98 mirror, ALL 97-98 rear view mirrors are exactly the same there is no two styles of rear view mirror for a 2nd gen mark VIII.

There are two different style rear view mirrors for the Mark VIII. One has the button on the bottom which lights up green when pressed.(early gens had this) The other is the one with auto and an off button like the one in the video shown here
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-Mark-VIII-LSC-with_140158.htm
You are right about the compass, they never came with one on the mirror.
One the side note, can a rearview mirror from a town car work in a Mark VIII?

Last edited:
There are two different style rear view mirrors for the Mark VIII. One has the button on the bottom which lights up green when pressed.(early gens had this) The other is the one with auto and an off button like the one in the video shown here
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-Mark-VIII-LSC-with_140158.htm
You are right about the compass, they never came with one on the mirror.
One the side note, can a rearview mirror from a town car work in a Mark VIII?

actually you are wrong, the mark VIII had 3 different style rear view mirrors like i previously said, and the mirror with the ( OFF-LOW-HIGH ) switch is a first gen mirror, the 97 and 98 mark VIII's are the ones with the green button that is either OFF or ON . some mark VIII's didnt even come with auto dim rear view mirrors, some mark VIII's had a standard mirror with the flip switch to manually darken the reflection, lux asked if there is a difference between 97 and 98 rear view mirrors, and again i will say NO there is not, any mirror from a 97 or 98 will work for you, all it has is an ON-OFF button on the bottom of the mirror. i've been parting these cars out for 9 years now, i know the mirrors among other things. here are pictures of what is what....
THIS IS A 1ST GEN MIRROR:
rearviewmirrors001.jpg

THIS IS A 2ND GEN MIRROR WITH THE COMPASS MODULE ON IT...
rearviewmirrors002.jpg

I DONT HAVE A PICTURE OF A NON AUTO DIM MIRROR BUT IT LOOKS THE SAME AS THE ONES ABOVE ONLY NO SWITCHES OR ELECTRIC CONNECTIONS ON IT AND ITS MUCH THINNER.

so they never came with this type of mirror?
mirroriz5.png

He has this mirror in his SC Mark VIII, I guess he might he upgraded it to that.

so they never came with this type of mirror?
mirroriz5.png

He has this mirror in his SC Mark VIII, I guess he might he upgraded it to that.

that mirror pictured is deffinetly not a mark VIII mirror, the ones i pictured are what came in them, the one you pictured is from some other kind of ford car, but its not a mark VIII mirror for sure. and what is an SC Mark VIII?

that mirror pictured is deffinetly not a mark VIII mirror, the ones i pictured are what came in them, the one you pictured is from some other kind of ford car, but its not a mark VIII mirror for sure. and what is an SC Mark VIII?

I meant if you look at the Supercharged(SC) Mark VIII video, he has a picture of his interior with this type of mirror in it. I thought these type of mirrors came with the late 98 models.

That is the same mirror in my 98 LSC and my 96 lsc has a push buttom on the bottom side to turn it on and off.

Attachments

• mirriors 003.jpg
    mirriors 003.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 0
  • mirriors 001.jpg
    mirriors 001.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 0
  • mirriors 002.jpg
    mirriors 002.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 0

I've got a friend with a 98 Collector's Edition that has this same mirror. For some reason, I thought that I remembered it having a compass display also, but I remembered wrong.

My 97 and 98 (and my old 98) both have the normal one with the green illuminated button on the bottom, but I have seen this mirror on more than one car. :confused:

I knew there was a difference between the 97 and the late 98 Mark VIIIs. BTW LUX wants the late 98 mirror I think, It does look better IMO

well in 9 years of doing this i have never taken out a mirror that looked like that from a mark VIII so its either very very rare, or they have been changed at some point. oh well, guess i cant help with a mirror.

Back