11.69 @ 116.8 Mph

steve

With "LOD" Since 1997
In the Vette of course :D

I finally had some time last week to go to the track to try out my 3000 t/c i had put in over the winter and borrow a set of MT street ET tires for 2 runs. It was my first time on drag tires as well.

First run 11.69 @ 116.8 MPH,
2nd run 11.82 @ 116.2 MPH

With some more seat time and ideal air i think i can get to 11.5. Any faster i will need a roll cage, harness and fire jacket at my local track.

The thing is when i save up some money I will swap out the 3000 stall for something a lot lower, like 2000, when I do the road racing the trans temps get to hot going on and off the gas for 20 to 30 mins at a time. I and others have trans cooler as well. I am waiting on a friend who is also going lower his stall speed to see if it helps with trans fluid temps

I think he has exhaust/headers/intake/cam/tune

and heads.
dyno was 422 hp and 402 ft-lb, not sure what it is after the t/c install.

Also did it at full weight, did not take any thing out of the car.

Nice times! Converter really dropped times that much eh?

Along with the MT Street ET tires. Can't take advantage of the higher stall speed on normal street tires. With some more seat time with drag tires I think I can do a bit better.

What tranny fluid do you use? I would use a full synthetic like Mobil 1 or Amsoil it will definitely help with the tranny temps.

The thing is when i save up some money I will swap out the 3000 stall for something a lot lower, like 2000, when I do the road racing the trans temps get to hot going on and off the gas for 20 to 30 mins at a time. I and others have trans cooler as well. I am waiting on a friend who is also going lower his stall speed to see if it helps with trans fluid temps

Ya for road racing you'd have to get a lower stall t/c because it won't be going into lock-up.....you know you could get one of those lock-up controllers and try that first. I think they are only 50-70 bucks and you could control the lock-up position. I've seen them use it on drag cars, maybe that would be an easy/cheap fix without having to do the big swap.

It has red line full synthetic; I am not the only guy who has an auto with the issue who likes to road race. I am letting other friends experiment first to see their results. One friend told me he is going to try a programmable stall lock up converter.

What tranny fluid do you use? I would use a full synthetic like Mobil 1 or Amsoil it will definitely help with the tranny temps.

Ya for road racing you'd have to get a lower stall t/c because it won't be going into lock-up.....you know you could get one of those lock-up controllers and try that first. I think they are only 50-70 bucks and you could control the lock-up position. I've seen them use it on drag cars, maybe that would be an easy/cheap fix without having to do the big swap.

Back