Mark VII. SO HAPPY.

GimmeMy1985

Registered
So today when i stopped to get gas, i noticed there was a blue mark 7 parked on the opposite side of the lot..

Apparently it has been there for over a year because the Mechanic at the Gas Bar did 500 dollars of work into it and the owner never paid or came back to get it. The mechanic said he was not moving it until he got his money.

I am going to be making a little agreement with him that I will pay half the 500 dollar bill now, so as long as he keeps it on the lot for one more year, i can pick it up in the summer before i go back to Alberta.

As for the owner? Pfft. I will pay his bill and give him a hundred bucks. Obviously he does not care about it, BUT I DO.

It is PRETTY. Leather interior, hatch back, original spokes, designer labels everywhere (including on the rear view). It looks awesome, i will have to take my computer out there some time to show you guys.

~Lynch

Sweet. Deal make sure you put something in writing though. Otherwise you may be out $250.

Dont worry, i got it in writing, I simply have no room for it by my house, though it is a complete tiny baby compared to the town car. We have no parking as it is. lol.

And yes.

That´s right.

Hatchbk.

For 600 bucks i don´t know what else ya want.

~Lynch

Lincoln-Mark-VII.jpg

Same color, looks exactly like that, except it has spokes, not plates.

It is not a hatch, sorry. I just meant it had only two initial doors that you had to pop the front seats back to get in. All my life I have always called those hatchbacks. lol

Education - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Mark_VII

Now... Stop being jealous ;)

Last edited:
I've always know a "hatchback" to be a vehicle, (2 or 4 door) where the rear glass opens with the "trunk"

And I just found that out.

I always thought it was a 2 door coupe that popped the front seats to permit entrance into the back, that is how my mother always described one to me when i was small. lol.

But now i know it is just a 2 door coupe

hatchbacks are "3 door" cars for clarification and correctness

+1 -- not to mean 4 doors, hee hee. Sorry, need more coffee. I always loved my Mustang hatches better than hubby's 2 door. Excellent for transporting things like a kids bike, loads of laundry, etc.

Re the VII - I love the VII's. They were real mean looking. I used to see them a lot, now not so much.

Nope. My dad had many 5 door Ford Sierra hatchbacks. In fact. there are tons of 3 and 5 door hatchbacks outside of the USA. (much more common in Europe than the saloon / station wagon versions of cars)

Our very first car!!! A 5 door Ford Sierra. I have kids of me being 8yrs old and washing it hahaha

I've always know a "hatchback" to be a vehicle, (2 or 4 door) where the rear glass opens with the "trunk"

Drove the wheels off an '89 Corsica LTZ Hatchback similar to this one...

With the 2.8 v6 it would scoot pretty good. Thought they looked pretty cool with the "bubble" rear window (much better than the sedan). Only made them '88-early '90.

You could put a lot of crap in the back of it too.

Attachments

• 6592858622.241370364.IM1.05.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
    6592858622.241370364.IM1.05.565x421_A.562x421.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 0
Momma is also buying a 1993 Continental, picking it up for another 600.

1200 for two awesome Lincolns... Not too damn bad.

The Cont:

7b91_20.JPG

CD player, 200k, FWD, leather interior, one owner, inspection good for a year.

~Lynch

Ok, I didn't think I was crazy, lol. Its a "Notchback" not a Hatchback. :)

hatchbacks are "3 door" cars for clarification and correctness

I think he was just stating that the vehicle could have 2 or 4 doors AND the rear glass opened. 2 or 4 +1 = hatchback.

Back