for sale: 93-96 headlights restored to new

jamies98lsc

Registered
i've never offered this before, normally i do it for myself or customers, so i'll try it and see what happens. if you are sick of your poor dim tellow headlights, i have a fix, i can restore housings to new condition, and you can install your own 9005 style aftermarket hid kit into them and you'll be blown away. i have done so many of these with awesome results. i have 2 sets right now, i'll offer both sets to first two in line. they have not been restored yet, i cut the lenses off clean as a knife, and rechrome the inside of the housings 100% and bond the lenses back on after a full polish inside and out of the lenses making them crystal clear again like they were when they were made. add a 4300k or 6000k hid kit and you'll never have a problem seeing again. i'll sell each pair for $200 shipped, thats less than half of a new pair of housings from ford. here is what i do and how they look.
headlightrestore012.jpg

headlightrestore013.jpg

headlightrestore011.jpg

headlightrestore023.jpg

headlightrestore038.jpg

headlightrestore009.jpg

headlightrestore068.jpg

headlightrestore059.jpg

with 6000k hid's installed
headlightrestore076.jpg

headlightrestore077.jpg

headlightrestore078.jpg

headlightrestore079.jpg

car on the left is halogen housings redone by me, with 6000k hid's, car on the right is my green 93 with factory 96 hid housings and stock hid bulbs, the halogens and aftermarket hid's blew away the factory hid's.
aftermarkethids016.jpg

i will sell the 2 pairs i have to the first 2 people interested for $200 shipped, if you want to send me your housings, i restore them for $80 a pair. i can usually have them done in one day and mail them back quickly. email me if interested thanks.

Last edited:
Glad you are doing this. I had thought about it. When I saw the post and did mine last year. But didn't want to step on any toes.
NIce Job Are you doing a trade in program so you have a rotating stock

i will refund a core charge of $30 if someone buys a pair of mine already done but the mounting studs all have to be in place and not broken otherwise they are useless to me.

The first pair that you do that will fit my 98' (so I can finally install aftermarket HID's with no trouble) I will buy. I assume that you can convert the gen 2 housings to 9005 / 9006 in the process? If you have a completed set ( I can't mail out the headlights to my daily driver!) let me know, I will buy them and send you mine so that you do indeed have rotating:wink: stock.

i have never done 2nd gen housings, i have never gotten a pair in bad shape. the chrome almost never goes bad in a gen 2 housing. but if i did do a pair, the housings are more than twice as big, i deff wouldnt do it for the same price as a first gen pair!

On a Gen II, you don't have to get the INSIDE of the lens, you just gotta polish the outside. There are procedures all thru the electric thread on how to get Gen II lenses clear again. Ebay already has the new HID's available for pretty cheap too....nowhere near how much they were just a few MONTHS ago....I got the expensive ones !

Is there a light kit that you've had good luck with? I know these are all over eBay. Everything still DOT legal?

My housings are in pretty good shape, but I have 2 sets that aren't too bad.

Right now I get decent light, but could always use more!

who cares about d.o.t, your mark VIII isnt a commercial vehicle, no one will ever know you dont have factory bulbs.

I guess it's kinda like window tint laws. Selectively enforced.

Just did my Mark last weekend, 20% all around. We'll see what happens!

Who knows. I'm sure there is a way. You just have to make sure they are aimed properly so as not to blind oncoming traffic.

Not sure where you are from, but here there are plenty of vehicles that could use headlight adjustments. I don't think it's an issue.

As for the tint, you have to do something stupid to get stopped for it here.

Maryland and a good portion of the East Coast (Virginia & North) activly enforce the tint laws.... if a cop can't see into your vehicle, you will, sooner or later, be pulled over for it. They then use a light meter to test it.

i have 3 or 4 sets now avail i cannot remember till i get out of work tomorrow, i'll lower the price to $160 plus shipping if anyone is interested, if not soon, then i will list one pair at a time on ebay complete with an installed plug and play hid kit already in them brand new for $250. save money and buy here before i do this, and its coming soon cuz i know i'll sell them on ebay, trying to help a few out and save you money.

anyone who sent me lights to redo, they are all coming back, got boxes lined up near the garage door and ups will be here tomorrow. thanks, anyone else wanting their headlights redone like new contact me, i still have one set left for sale ready to install in your car, i'll sell the pair for $130 plus shipping.

anyone who sent me lights to redo, they are all coming back, got boxes lined up near the garage door and ups will be here tomorrow. thanks, anyone else wanting their headlights redone like new contact me, i still have one set left for sale ready to install in your car, i'll sell the pair for $130 plus shipping.

I call it

Ill try to contact you after work tomorrow do you have any side marker lights too?

i have a driverside from my own 93 that has a crack in the lense from when my car got hit with a flying sheet of drywall, the chrome is nce on it and it doesnt leak water, but it does have a crask in the clear part of then lense, perfectly useable still.

Back