MS Outlook

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
I have been getting Outlook errors almost daily, many times having to close and restart Outlook.

But this error message really takes the cake...

Attachments

• mini-IMG00169-20090122-1809.jpg
    mini-IMG00169-20090122-1809.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
Vista sp2 installed? What version of OutLook? Patches current..? ISP having issues...? Check the event log (system and application).

XP Pro SP3
MS Office/Outlook 2003
Updates current

Ran full anti-virus and ad-aware scan today. System acts like it's picked up a bug somewhere. Started getting pop ups randomly with IE and Firefox. Grrrrrrr...

I truly understand the growl! When different venders (VMware & Microsoft) gave us free virtual machines I created a virtual system (a icon on my desktop). Now I have no fears... close the session Poof! never writes to my harddrive always have a fresh fast browser.

I think I finally may have the beast under control(fingers crossed). After rounds of AdAware, Stinger, VundoFix, SpyBot, Defender... the system finally tested clean and seems to be behaving.

Now I just hope Outlook behaves. :rolleyes:

Oh well, the laptop is soon to be replaced with a new Dell M6400! Woot!! A 2.53GHz Quad Core processor running on a 1066MHz bus with 4GB DDR3 Ram and a 64GB High performance SSD drive oughta smoke anything I throw at it. :D

For a year anyway!!!! LOL

Hopefully more than that. It's pretty much a top of the line mobile professional workstation. In a couple years or more the computing technology in this may likely be mainstream, so for now, I'm ahead of the curve. And much like a desktop, it's highly upgradeable in terms of HDD, RAM and Video. The downside to being a desktop replacement is the size and bulk. It's 17" screen and starting weight at over 8.5 lbs makes it not so portable friendly. But I've done the small-screen portable light weight gig before and don't care for the tradeoffs. I have been thinking of getting one of those lightweight portable NetBooks for personal use however.

That's what he gets for visiting "those" sites!!!!

No, no, no... I'm convinced whatever it was came via email. This particular Sony VAIO has been outbreak free up 'til this past incident.

overprotective much?

I normally only have the antivirus package. I used the other programs to try and get rid of the malware. FYI - it was the "Vundo" and/or "Virtumondo" trojan. SpyBot eventually succeeded in getting rid of it once it was 'offline' and had consecutive passes with a couple reboots. I don't believe the others did much of anything.

I've heard of others whom had contracted the same basically giving up and paying a tech to clean the system or even worse, re-formating the harddrive and re-installing all the programs. :eek:

Back