Don't tell ME how to drive! - Next-gen Ford navigation system could have "emotions"

RSS Robot

Registered
Don't tell ME how to drive! - Next-gen Ford navigation system could have "emotions"

Filed under: Etc., I.C.E., Tech, Ford
In the near future, Ford vehicles may fire back a retort if you get cheesed off enough to yell at the car. According to the details of a patent filing, Ford is working on an Emotive Advisory System (EAS) that simulates emotions when interacting with occupants, and may also use an avatar to express itself.

The EAS also uses sensors to detect the emotional state of occupants and generate responses based on that data. We all tend to forge some kind of bond with our cars, but it's a little too fantastical and hilarious to imagine rocking down the blacktop in a new Taurus SHO and having the car say "You don't need to drive like a jerk just because you're mad at me."

[Source: swdelaw]
Don't tell ME how to drive! - Next-gen Ford navigation system could have "emotions" originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Back