Smart Car Math?

TimKustom

Registered
Just a saw a Smart Car driving around. That got me thinking....:rolleyes:

A Smart Car weighs 1609 lbs. (all weights per internet sources)

How many Smart Cars does it take to equal my fleet?

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII: 3765 lbs.
1999 Monte Carlo: 3306 lbs.
1968 Impala: 3764 lbs.
1979 Chevy Silverado: approx 4400 lbs.
2000 Mercury Cougar: 2892 lbs.
1982 20ft Champion Transtar Motorhome: approx 8500 lbs.
1988 27ft Eldorado Starfire Motorhome: approx 10500 lbs.
2001 Sugar Sand Tango w/trailer: approx 2000 lbs.

Total: 39,127 lbs.

Did the math....24.3!

TWO DOZEN! :D

DISCLAIMER: Smart Car Owners please do not take offense!

I find smart cars annoying... there is someone near me who has a black one,
and I can't help but think every time I'm behind him that I could just nudge up behind the car and push it along with the Caddy...
1600lbs you say VS probably around 4500lbs...

:D -J

Smartcars are old and not so smart anymore, I saw them on my trip to France back in 1999. I would be scared to drive one on the highway here. Sax would crush one with his Caddy :D

They're great! For a go-kart!

They look like a deathtrap. I would be paranoid driving one. Heck, I feel small in my Mark after driving my Tahoe for a while!

I looked at one. Maintenance for anything less than an oil change is a PITA. You have to remove the engine to work on it, so says the sales dude.

No thanks. If I'm gonna get squashed like a bug on the road, I wanna go out in an American can.

More "Smart" Math

More "Smart" Math

How many Smarts will it take to equal the fleet lined up end to end? :confused:

Smart length: 94”

Lincoln Mark VIII: 207.2”
Monte Carlo: 200.7”
Cougar: 185”
Impala: 214.1”
Silverado: 220” (approx)
Transtar: 240”
Starfire: 324”
Tango w/trailer: 228” (approx)

Total: 1819” or 151 feet!

In Evel Knievel Math, that’s the distance of the fountains at Ceasers Palace! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYGGCVE2lKY

Or in Smart Car Math...19 smarts lined up front to back! :D

Not a real big fan of them myself, y'all can probably tell I like big American cars...

Just some Friday humor...:wink:

How fast will a smart car go?

I was wondering when this might come up...:D

1/4 Mile ET: 19.210
1/4 Mile MPH: 70.500

I would hope the "average" of the fleet would match that...Bet it would be close! :eek:

But let's not talk MPG...:eek:

Sorry, I meant, whats the top speed of one of those things?

The Caddy's electronic nanny steps in at 123mph (someone has a sense of humor) I just wanna make sure there is no chance one of those little shopping carts would be able to get away from me... :D

Sorry, I meant, whats the top speed of one of those things?

The Caddy's electronic nanny steps in at 123mph (someone has a sense of humor) I just wanna make sure there is no chance one of those little shopping carts would be able to get away from me... :D

top speed of the smart fortwo is 90 mph (Electronically limited).

Looks like you're safe. :cool:

Me on the other hand, I have two that won't get to 90 (right now...heheh).

But they account for 10 Smarts in the weight category, so I hope they can get outta the way. ;)

I'll bet they also get 5-star crash test results...which is stupid because anything they hit will be bigger than they are. I'm not sure how many stars my H2 got in crash testing, but I think I can guess who would survive a head on collision between my H2 and a Smart car. They can put those 5 stars on his coffin.

One of my Co-workers drives a black and yellow Smart. It's exactly the same length as the hood on my 1986 Town Car. I've been meaning to snap a photo..

Smart car? i guess thats what i have been seeeing around town and i thought people were just driving fancy golf carts lol

Back