crankcase w/seafoam

T man

Registered
(I've tried using the search function haha)

But when adding seafoam to the crankcase, do you run the motor for a few min atall or what?

All of the searches I found said to dump the oil immediately but i don't see how that would clean anything. :confused:

run it for about 100 miles or so. I would wait until you are about 500 from your next oil change then add sea foam. Drive it for about 100 miles, and then change the oil, making sure you have a good oil filter. I'd then run it for about 500-1000 miles and change the oil again. The reasoning is the sea foam will eat some crud off the parts, but leave chunks behind and you dont want those cause issues. good filter is a must and the second oil change is recommendation. I just did mine this winter.

this is the before picture:
DSC03697.jpg

i cant find my after... looks good though

WTF.... I did my VCG's the seafoam after pics were taken then along with my new coils and I cant find any of the pics!

I added it through a vaccum line on the mark 8 and my girlfriend's celica, and wow what a difference. The cars run so much smoother its crazy (both over 100k miles).:D It also felt like they both picked up some ponies in the lower RPM range.

I need to change my oil now so I'll do it when my next oil change starts sneeking up, thanks for the answer :cool:

I thought the can says to only let the car idle for five minutes with the fluid in it.

I wouldn't drive a single mile with something that completely breaks down motor oil.

Use Auto Rx...it's a leave-in mineral based fluid. Much safer and probably more effective.

I thought the can says to only let the car idle for five minutes with the fluid in it.

I wouldn't drive a single mile with something that completely breaks down motor oil.

Use Auto Rx...it's a leave-in mineral based fluid. Much safer and probably more effective.

thats if you are cleaning the fuel system/ cylinder. The way he mentioned doing it through a vaccum line, you actually shut the car down and let it sit for 5-10 minutes (i think it reccomends 10 but I cant remember off the top of my head) then start her up and watch the smoke show out the tail pipes! To do the crank case, you have to add it through the oil.

My LS was the first car I ever seafoamed. WOW!! I saw the same thing as T Man with the low end grunt and much smoother idle. She just cleaned up wonderfully! I did it this winter and I think as part of my spring tune up from now on, she will get a sea foam treatment in the oil and through the vaccum line into the tb. Its been my experience that not too many people have used sea foam, but all those that have swear it made a difference and that its well worth the 10 bucks the can cost. One can does both the oil and the fuel injection/cylinders.

I had heard that seafoam could sometimes help oil consumption too. So I ran it through the intake of my old '93 Town Car. At 310,000 miles (original build of original engine), it went from drinking 2 quarts of oil between changes to a half quart.

Back