Broken interior push botton for gas cap

joemark8

Registered
The other day the push button on the drivers side door that releases the fuel door broke. The button popped off (I didn't realize it) and got lost. The tension spring bounced into the pocket on the door and I have that but can't open the fuel door unless I release it from the trunk. What is involved to get this repaired by dealer and what is the expected cost?
Any help is truly appreciated.

RE: Broken interior push botton for gas cap

I got a replacement button, myself. I will give you a temporary fix idea that I used until my replacement button came in. I used tweezers, about 3 inches long, to bridge, and close the contacts at the bottom of the button insert.

Jeff

RE: Broken interior push botton for gas cap

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
I got a replacement button, myself. I will give you a temporary fix idea that I used until my replacement button came in. I used tweezers, about 3 inches long, to bridge, and close the contacts at the bottom of the button insert.Jeff
[/div]

LOL. Yep, i was using my key to work all my door controls when it was in nascar mode all stripped. just turn the key diagonal and stick it for the gas door and vertical for the trunk. Save your money, 7 dollars on ebay for them all the time, don't go to the dealer for that.

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U
2004 BLACK/Silver HONDA CBR 600RR

Back