Door Ajar!!

ryanbauman

Registered
I recently bought a used 93 mark VIII, about a week ago. I have tried the wd40 trick on the latches with no luck. I used multiple applications of wd40, and multiple apps of Deep Creep (seafoam product). I even used a screw drive, to work the latch open and closed while lifting on the door handle. Is there something I am missing? Is there a switch for the hood that may be causing this? I found a switch under the hood on the passenger side that was stuck in the down position. After freeing that switch I diconnected it and checked the continuety of it, it appears the switch is bad, used a wire as a jumper to bypass that switch and no luck there either. Can I bypass the switch in the door? Or am I overlooking something really simple?

Any advise is much appreciated.

RE: Door Ajar!!

If the switch fails to respond to WD40, you can replace the switch.

I'm not at my manual, but i would discourage simply bypassing the switch. There are several systems in the vehicle that interface with the door ajar switch, so it's not simply a 'nuisance', it is a functional part. Unlike the hood switch in the anti-theft system which is only for the anti-theft system, the door ajar switch is integral to the remote keyless entry as well as other systems.

It is raining today and the door ajar messege did not come at all. I will see if it returns when it is dry.

Thanks

Dry all day, can't believe the wd40 thing worked! After days of use, it just went away.

Does anyone know were I can find a grey arm rest for the center console. The one that came with the car is laying on the floor, the plastic on the bottom is shredded where you would attach it to the center console.

One more stupid question, the glove box is stuck shut. I have tried the key and no go. Is this a common problem, or is there an easy fix for this. If not, I will also be looking for a glove box door.

Thanks for all you help.

Sometimes it takes a bit for the WD40 to do it's magic.

Ebay would most likely be the best source for both the glovebox door and console lid. Just make sure both the year and color match.

Back