200 AMP alternator

Sierra3

Registered
Heres some pic's of the new alt I got from Lonnie at Blue Oval Chips has them. I'll have to upgrade my factory positive wire to the standoffs to be thicker. I was running the upgraded Cobra alternator but i needed a new one after two years service and these became available.
Hope the chrome pulley doesnt slip, i have belt slippage now for a couple of secs when the TC comes unglued when I floor it.

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1588.jpg

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1589.jpg

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1591.jpg

RE: 200 AMP alternator

haha It is quite pretty, but i didnt buy it for the chrome. I assume you went with the bigger pulley to lower the RPM's? I think that the belt would slip easier with a smaller pulley having to force the alternator to a higher RPM and also less contact area for the belt to get traction on.
Is it working? How do you like it at idle under full load of all accessories and lights?
Thanks for that link. I'll be ordering the red wire with the high amp fuse as soon as i get my measurements.
Funny that you posted the link, because as soon as i got to work and talking with coworker that belongs to the FORD Bronco club website, he pointed me in the exact same place.
I was also looking into what the Mustang guys are using for their setups and if there was a stronger tensioner that was available also to eliminate the serpentine belt squeel.

1995 DK Blue Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 DK Blue Chevrolet 1500 P/U

I got my hi-po alternator grom PA-Performance. It worked fine with the stock pulley. However after installing the Steeda underdrive crank pulley, I noticed low alternator output at idle. So with a little calculating, I bought a smaller pulley to bring the idle rpm of the alternator back to where it was with the stock crank pulley. Later I added the Meziere electric water pump.

I have no issues now except during the hottest part of the summer after installing the stall converter. So now I have planned a bigger tranny cooler and bypassing the radiator cooler. With a temp gauge on the tranny cooler line I feel I'll be just fine.

Nice. I think im stickin with the stock size pulleys for now, but eventually will be setup for the mezire water pump too. I was just hunting for a high perf. tensioner.
I used to be running one of the 24,000 lb B&M coolers, but now am using the F350 trany cooler with braided lines from Reinhart Automotive.
Think sometime down the road ill put the B&M into the oil line for cooling when i do the remote oil filter setup. I was holding off on that because i didnt know if the B&M would flow fast enough and cause an oil starvation issue not knowing if it can handle oil pressure also being that tranny pressure is alot lower on low side where it was? In which case ill use it for the fuel line.

Can you show me pics of where and how you upgraded your positive battery cable?

Thanks

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Can you show me pics of where and how you upgraded your positive battery cable?Thanks
[/div]

Sure, as soon as i order a red cable from the link above that Driller posted. Been so busy lately with other things that i havent had time to mess with the car to measure what i need to order.

I also ordered every aftermarket reinforcing brace you can buy for the Lincoln rear end too with some upper and lower controll arm bushings for the rear. If that doesnt stop the wheelhop and launch this thing correctly, there is no hope. lol

I will post a pic here in this thread as soon as i get a wire and fuze from him.
You have to specify what leangth you need and basicly what i am looking for is one to run from the alt to the under hood fuze box where your inline fuzable links are underneath (ill mount my big fuze there on the fenderwell) and back to the positive side of battery. In my case to the positive terminal standoff because my battery is now in the trunk.

LOL, try reading the very first sentence in this thread:

"Heres some pic's of the new alt I got from Lonnie at Blue Oval Chips has them."

Jeff

Can you show me pics of where and how you upgraded your positive battery cable?Thanks
[/div]

Heres one of the cable installed. Sorry about the filthy engine compartment. Thats after a long ride to Jacksonville FL.

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1659.jpg

This engine bay looks just RIGHT !!!

What is that +- post setup in place of the battery ?

Also, have you considered rewiring the harness to 8 separate COPs ?

It would clean up the bay even more.

This engine bay looks just RIGHT !!! What is that +- post setup in place of the battery ?Also, have you considered rewiring the harness to 8 separate COPs ? It would clean up the bay even more.
[/div]

I would of liked to have the engine be COP setup, but i would of needed a new EEC and wire harness from a 2nd gen donor car. So i kept it mark 8 ignition and coils. If i ever get one from junkyard ill switch it. Having the tuning datalogging capability of OBD would be nice for my tuner to plug into while driving. The wires on the standoffs are running to the rear trunk where the battery lives now. Both terminals are wired same as factory setup, just the battery location has changed.

If I wanted to order this exact setup from Ford Fuel Injection, what would I ask them for? Is there a part number, or could I just tell them that I am running a 200 amp alternator in a Mark VIII and they'll know what to get me?

If I wanted to order this exact setup from Ford Fuel Injection, what would I ask them for? Is there a part number, or could I just tell them that I am running a 200 amp alternator in a Mark VIII and they'll know what to get me?
[/div]

When you order that wire from the website, you have to type in the comments section what leangths you want. Can't have more than total 36" of wire with the 200AMP unit. I went with two feet from alternator, and one foot from fuse to underhood fusebox.

Looking at it now, i should of used 2 1/2 foot from alt, and 6 " from fuse to underhood fusebox so i could of hidden it underneath strut cover by ignition controll module.

So one only needs to upgrade the wire from the alternator to the fuse box, and the cables going from the battery can stay stock?

So one only needs to upgrade the wire from the alternator to the fuse box, and the cables going from the battery can stay stock?
[/div]

Keep the stock wiring and basically add the fused power wire upgrade from the alternator to the distribution point on the fuse box.

Sweet. Then I already have all of the components I need right here.

Back