Cup Hldrs, autoglide seats, etc

hawthorne93mn

Registered
Hey I have a 93 Mark viii named "Hawthorne". Is he supposed to have autoglide seats? They don't work or aren't there. Any thoughts on how to get it in my car or fix it if it is already there? seats otherwise funtion normally in all other ways..

Is it possible to get original lincoln leather seat coverings front (cracked) and back (flaked and missing chunks in the center at the top back)? I have 93 AH light mocha I believe...

Also the center console on the marks evolved over time. Is there any way to upgrade my 93 so it has the 2nd gen double cup holder and probablay armrest? I think maybe that they look different but that all of the consoles inerchange but does anyone know?

Semi realated how hard to swap in a 96 back seat with senter arm rest?

Thanks,
Timothy

RE: Cup Hldrs, autoglide seats, etc

Welcome! :D

I believe the autoglide seats were an option for early '93s. There are seat back switches that actuate the fore/aft motor of the base of the seat. While unlikely, I suppose it is possible both switches are bad?

The rear seat backs are interchangeable. You remove the seat bottom first. Push in at the bottom of the rear seat at each mid-seat position and lift up to remove from the bottom J-hooks. Once both sides are free, the seat bottom lifts out exposing 2 bolts retaining the bottom of the rear seat back. Remove those bolts and slide the seat back up to remove from the top J-hooks.

RE: Cup Hldrs, autoglide seats, etc

Thanks!

Followups:

can you swap the whole console from genII to genI?

Are the autoglide sensors easily visible?

Anyone wanna chime in on the orignal leather seat covers question?

Also a random question Do the 96 HID's all have a lincoln logo over the Hid bulb? looks very cool.

Also weird thing, was having MLP sensor shifting odd/dropping into neutral problems. Replaced my seriously dying battery and they disappeared... Cool.

Timothy

Back