fuses?

Kiwi843

Registered
i need a fuse diagram, i know someone already posted one, i think it was JP, but it doesnt match my car.
i have either a blown fuse or bad relay for the air compressor and need to know where they're at asap.
thanks
95 mark viii

RE: fuses?

My manual shows the same for the 93-95...

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/user_files/1704.jpg

Location 4
15 Amp ATC
Blue
Circuit 418 (DG/Y)
Air Suspension Control Module

Location 20
50 Amp Maxi
Red
Circuit 175 (BK/Y)
Air Suspension Compressor

The air suspension relay is inside the RH fender well above the suspension compressor.

Compressor Relay

The compressor relay is needed because the control module (5A919) cannot directly provide the high current needed to run the compressor motor. It operates as follows:

~ The control module grounds Circuit 420 to energize the relay.

~ When energized, it connects Circuit 175 to Circuit 417.

~ High current then flows from battery to compressor motor.

Air Compressor Assembly

NOTE:
The compressor motor contains a thermal overload circuit breaker which automatically resets if the circuit breaker is tripped by excessive heat.

The air compressor assembly:

~ Consists of the compressor and vent solenoid. Neither is serviceable.

~ Is mounted in the engine compartment on the RH front fender apron (16054) below the engine air cleaner (ACL) (9600).

~ Is a single-cylinder electric motor-driven unit which provides pressurized air as required.

~ Is powered by a relay, which is controlled by the control module (5A919).

~ Passes pressurized air through the compressor air drier (5346) which contains silica gel (a drying agent).

~ The moisture is then removed from the compressor air drier when vented air passes out of the system during vent operation.

~ The compressor air drier may be serviced separately.

A four-pin connector is used on the compressor assembly.

~ The red wire supplies power.

~ The black wire grounds the compressor motor.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
thanks JPim wondering if the guy i have working on my car knows what hes doing.
[/div]

Chances are that he hasn't had the fun experience of working on Mark VIII's like most of us here have..:)

Does the "check air ride" message come on?

i dont even know. i cant get to where hes at to check on my car and everytime i call he gets pissy.
i paid him, so its reasonable for me to expect to get my car back and running, right?
he told me he cant do anymore, take it to a lincoln dealer.
yeah right like i can afford that.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
DON'T go to a dealer.www.americanairsuspension.com
[/div]

I think what he meant was don't spend money at the dealer.

However, the dealer is a good place to get the problem diagnosed because they have special equipment to test the air ride. Once they tell you what is wrong, walk away and go to the link that JP put up.

what i failed to mention is that i got the parts on, the compressor just wont come on.
i dont know whats going on.
i got the compressor and front air strut from american air.
someone said there maybe another relay we havent checked, how many relays are there for the compressor and where are they?
Kiwi

Location 4 (in the power distribution/fuse box under the hood)
15 Amp ATC fuse
Blue
Circuit 418 (DG/Y)
Air Suspension Control Module

Location 20 (in the power distribution/fuse box under the hood)
50 Amp Maxi fuse
Red
Circuit 175 (BK/Y)
Air Suspension Compressor

The air compressor relay is inside the RH(passenger side) fender well above the suspension compressor. It is identical to the ABS relay located in the opposite LH(drivers side) fender well. You can temporarily swap them to determine if it is good or not.

Compressor Relay

The compressor relay is needed because the control module (5A919) cannot directly provide the high current needed to run the compressor motor. It operates as follows:

~ The control module grounds Circuit 420 to energize the relay.

~ When energized, it connects Circuit 175 to Circuit 417.

~ High current then flows from battery to compressor motor.

Back