i need help realy bad.

blkknight

Registered
I have a 95 mark viii, may car just bogged down and seemed to loose power. it cut off, but when started back it idled , but as soon as i hitthe gas it quit. so i replaced the coil pack, new wires, plus and icm, ans still nothing. i dont know what else tolook for, so if anone could point me in the right direction. I will be thankfull

RE: i need help realy bad.

Will it still start? When you start it do you hear the fuel pump prime?

it doesnt start, at times it seems as thought it about to. I had my wife turn the key on while i listen to see if i hear the pump prime up at the gas door, and i heard it. even befor i changed my plugs thinkingthat they were bad, gas were on the plugs. and i can smell unburnt gas coming thru the pipes.

Two things.

If it appears flooded, try cranking while holding the accelerator pedal to the floor to clear a possible flood condition.

The cam sensor and/or crank sensor may be bad. Careully inspect the harness to each. Some people have even had results by simply unplugging the crank sensor and plugging it back in.

The crank sensor is responsible for spark timing and the cam sensor is responsible for fuel timing.

I tried holding the peadl to the floor, thats when it seems as though it want to start. and where are the locations of thecam and crank sensor?

The crank sensor is on the lower front corner on the passenger side of the block by the AC compressor.

The cam sensor is behind the power steering reservoir in the front of the driver's side head. Simply unbolt reservoir leaving hoses attached and move to the side for access to the sensor.

Look for a questionable harness issue at each sensor as well.

I've got a 93 mark. I remember when I did my suspension it was raining and water got into my computer above the strut on the driver side. I didn't realize it at first but it wouln't start. Could be something wrong with that. When I tried to start it, it sounded like a combination of lack of fuel and a timing problem. Dried it and she humms like a bird.

Bob Armer

Check your Mass air sensor too. That will make a car go crazy. I was in an accident and my car would not start and as soon as I connected the mass wir module, it ran as new again. The sensor is located in the air filter. Make sure it is clean in there. Do not use solvents to clean it, just air. There are 2 short posts sticking down. Be careful with these as those are the sensors. Make sure they are clean. If they are dirty, replace your air filter and make sure it seals up good as well.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Do not use solvents to clean it, just air.
[/div]

There are MAF cleaning sprays out there now that are safe for use.

Back