Replacing HID's

MrHorsepower

Registered
I've got a 98 LSC and both HID low beams burned out within the last 2 weeks. I've tested and its the bulbs. The car isn't worth the $$$$ to replace them. Does anyone know if a non-HID bulb (9005,9006, etc.) will fit the housing? I can handle putting a relay in to bypas the ballests if I could find a light to fit the socket. Thanks

RE: Replacing HID's

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
The car isn't worth the $$$$ to replace them.[/div]

The car isn't worth the price of 2 bulbs?

.:eek:

Bud, I'll see your 2 HIDs and raise you a third! :7

Seriously, what price was quoted for the bulbs?

Check ebay for better pricing, but really, the car IS worth much more than that!

Did you get that price from Max at Five Star Ford? If not call him and tell him you are from LOD. Max's phone is: 1-866-1520 x236

Bud Pytko
'97 LSC Silver Frost
'05 F250 SD CC PSD 4 X 4 AZ Beige
'94 Prowler 5th Wheel
http://squarebirds.org/images/BudPytko97LSC.jpg

MrHorsepower... if you want to take advantage of member discounts it's a good idea to join the LOD, it will be $20 very well spent. It will certainly pay for itself with the purchase of even one bulb. You also get access to member's only forums.

Link: http://www.lincolnsclub.org/lod/join.htm

FYI, the bulbs won't be available much longer. According to my sources they are on back order at Ford once again. Some dealers (I'm assuming Max as well) stocked up but once these are sold out they'll be gone.

So make a decision quick and if you're going to get them, get them now. Pretty soon, you won't be able to get a used one on Ebay for that price.

Everyone will be converting back to Halogen :B

The HIR is the second best option for those who don't know; they are halogen bulbs.

"Everyone will be converting back to Halogen"

Huh?

We're talking about the 2nd gen cars as the OP asked about his 98 Mark VIII.

"Everyone will be converting back to Halogen"Huh?We're talking about the 2nd gen cars as the OP asked about his 98 Mark VIII.
[/div]

Yeah...I assume that when the HID bulbs no longer exist, everyone will have to go halogen. I was under the impression that halogen bulbs can be used in the HID housing, but it appears that I was wrong.

What are people going to do if they can't get bulbs? The value of the cars will drop to nothing because they will no longer be legal or drivable at night.

the car IS worth much more than that!

Your right the CAR is, the headlights aren't!! We're talking about 15-20% of the car's value for headlight buls!!!! So whats the verdict, will a hlogen fit?? If so-which one??

the car IS worth much more than that!Your right the CAR is, the headlights aren't!! We're talking about 15-20% of the car's value for headlight buls!!!! So whats the verdict, will a hlogen fit?? If so-which one??
[/div]

I don't think the bulbs cost over $1000.00....A Gen II is worth a lot more than that!

Bud Pytko
'97 LSC Silver Frost
'05 F250 SD CC PSD 4 X 4 AZ Beige
'94 Prowler 5th Wheel
http://squarebirds.org/images/BudPytko97LSC.jpg

If You'll give me $5000 you can have it and fix the lights yourself. It's the rare grey metalic in above average cond. w/150k on the clock.

Back