My Tachometer

barmer169

Registered
I recently converted my suspension to springs and struts. The car sat for approx six months. When I got her back on the road, my tachometer wasn't working. Is there something simple that I should check except for the fuses? Someone help me.

RE: My Tachometer

This hasn't happend to me yet but, I've read that the dial face sometimes slides down or somehow interferes with the shaft that holds the RPM needle.

It's not a difficult fix, you just need to remove the cluster and readjust the dial face.

Hey, Thanks Bill. I've never dabbled in the dash before however, I am pretty mechanically inclined. I'll definately do this on my day off. Took me all day in the pouring rain to convert my suspension. Got the lowered kit from Strutmasters. Wow, what a difference it was. Scrape here and there sometimes but all in all for the price it was a very good economical fix.

Thanks again for the advice.

Bob Armer
Restaurant Operator
Davie, Florida

Bill,

Thanks again for the advice. I tackled the job and removed the cluster. It was held together with a shitload of small star screws. Make sure you have a magnet handy. When I finally got it out it was exactly what you said. The face is just a sticker that had slid down on top of the pin, it stopped it from moving. I carefully pulled the sticker off and repositioned it to exact center of the tach pin. Re adheared with super glue and it worked perfectly again. Now I have to put it all back together. Fun Fun.

I'm really starting to appreciate this web site more and more.

Thanks Again,

Bob Armer
Davie, Florida

Back