SVT Focus pump isnt getting power HELP!

KyleH

Registered
I hope I get some quick replys to this.

I am installing the SVT focus pump. I have everything in and I connected the black/yellow wire to the black wire and the red/white wire to the red wire on the focus pump.They are connected via qick "vampire" connects. I tried once with butt connectors then with blue quick connects then with red quick connects. It does not prime and the car obviously doesnt start.

I bought it new so i am assuming it works. I used the white focus basket with the red Mark VIII lid and mark 8 sender.

I am trying to prime it with the pump out of the tank just to see if ti works, I already put it all together and had it not work once so I really dont wnat to do that again.

RE: SVT Focus pump isnt getting power HELP!

When fford wired up the pumps they made the black/yellow wire + and the red/white wire -. Which of course makes no sense. So I ahve some well oxygenated fuel now from pumping backwards lol.

RE: SVT Focus pump isnt getting power HELP!

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
When fford wired up the pumps they made the black/yellow wire + and the red/white wire -. Which of course makes no sense. So I ahve some well oxygenated fuel now from pumping backwards lol.
[/div]

D'oh! Reminds me of the JBL stereo in the '90 Sable I used to have. The amplifier's ground wire was solid red. I'll bet that led to a few of 'em getting fried!

Back