center console R&R

cobramark

Registered
hi. I bought a new center console for my 2nd gen. actually its just the shell. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post some instructions on how to remove the old one and take the ashtray,lid, and cupholder out to swap. thanks in advance for any help. -nick

RE: center console R&R

Well, your post has sat here for some period of time without any response, so I will give you the 5 cent tour.
Start by removing the wood trim around the radio down to the shifter. This is a snap off piece - be careful, be gentle. Once that is out, remove the torx head screws that are in the bottom of the glove box. You will be able to see more torx head screws in the elbow of the console/dash panel. Remove them too. I think you can then slide the console aft to unhook additional tabs. Then reach under the ashtray area to disconnect the Lighter, and the gear position indicator light. Once you get everything loose, move the assy to a bench or sonewhere you can finish tearing it down. You should be able to see what to do from there. Just be advised the whole dang thing has to come apart. Dont get in a rush or you will likely break a tab, or strip a screw etc. Haste makes (expensive) waste. Reassemble in the reverse order.

Back