Problem with starting.. new battery new alternator.

Mycophiles

Registered
For the last month the battery light has been coming on. It will come on then go off. Sometimes very frequently. I could never track down the problem. I figured since the car is starting up all the time it must be something else. Untill this morning. When the car wouldn't start up. I try to start it and It clicks twice and doesn't turn over. I try to jump it with a battery pack which has jumped it before and nothing happens. Same old thing but the wierd thing is when I put the battery pack on there all the lights work and then once I turn the key and the car doesn't start the lights all go off.

Could anyone help me on this one?

RE: Problem with starting.. new battery new alternator.

Are the battery cables original? Sounds like battery isn't getting a good connection. As both batt and alt. are new, when you installed new alt. did you use a charger on the battery BEFORE installing new alt? If not, it's a real good way of killing a new alternator.

How's the other end of the ground/batt cable? Real clean and tight connections on both hot and ground?

That's all I can think of....
Bud Pytko
'97 LSC Silver Frost
'05 F250 SD CC PSD 4 X 4 AZ Beige
'94 Prowler 5th Wheel
http://squarebirds.org/images/BudPytko97LSC.jpg

After theh last tinme the car wouldn't start I changed the alt and the car still would not turn over. Then I bought a battery and even so the car still would not turn over. Then I changed the battery termainals and the car started like a charm.

Where is the lower battery terminals termainated at?

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
Then I changed the battery termainals and the car started like a charm.Where is the lower battery terminals termainated at?
[/div]

I hate those FLM tin-strip battery terminals. x(

http://mark8.org/users/driller/pics/battery.jpg

On the positive side, the main cable goes to the starter and the other goes to the power distribution box.

On the ground side, the main ground goes to the lower drivers side of the block while the other terminates on the front header panel for the body ground.

Back