'95 mark viii won't start

gtrman

Registered
Hi, I'm new here, looks like a great forum so far.

I have a '95 mark viii with 185k miles. Up until now, it has been bulletproof, but now it won't start and I'm pretty sure it isn't getting any spark. It cranks over great, I just put a new battery in it a couple months ago.

It started as an intermittent problem, it would start fine most of the time, just had a problem sometimes in the morning. When it wouldn't start, I'd give it a tiny shot of starting fluid up the breather pipe and she'd bust off and run fine, sometimes it would be 3-4 days until I'd see the problem again. Then, last week, bam, she wouldn't start no matter what.

I haven't had time to go in depth but I'm pretty sure since it won't hit on the starting fluid at all that she's lost her spark. Where would the first logical place to look be?

Thanks

RE: '95 mark viii won't start

Check the crank sensor. It is on the passemger's side of the motor, under the AC compressor. MOst likely the connector has fallen apart. YOu can buy a pigtail connector from O'Reilly's

Thanks. It's under the AC compressor, no wonder I couldn't find the darn thing!

Excellent!! Spot on as to the trouble spot. I found the plug and it looked fine, so I wiggled it back and forth a little bit and presto, she started right up.

Thanks again!

Back