any custom consols?

7 sek mark

Registered
has any one done anything custon on the inside of there marks beside painting all the soft paint stuff? Im in the prosess of making a one peace pannel that goes from the ac controlls back to the ash tray. its all fiberglass and cut and sanded to fit and painted the same color as the rest of the trim black metallic. ill have some pics up as soon as she is done!

RE: any custom consols?

I have custom speaker pods i made last year. I had looked into a custom console about 2 years ago after my console lid broke, even went so far as to start the base of the mold, but never got around to actually doing anything with it. It's hard to work on cars a lot with a little girl who demands all of your attention (not to mention the wife who hates the smell of fiberglass). i'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!

i made a console lid a while back out of a peice of 1/4" plexi glass i had. i just cut it out rough with a jig saw then put blue painters tape on the edges so i would not scratch it and used my bench grinder to shape it. It is bolted to the stock hinge and i painted the bottem of it with some black mettalic paint and backed it up with silver to make it shine.

the peice im making now is going from the ac controlls back to the ashtray. it houses the lighter, trac asst switch, defroster switch, my OD off switch, and my shifter. it is not anywhere near done but i think its is going to look good after paint.

I was thinking of doing one that holds a pepsi can off right side of console/shifter into passengers side with a cubby hole for my cell phone. Won't take up too much room. Just havent had time to make the mold or mess with it yet. Heck, i havent even installed my supercharger yet because I have been so busy lately. I need to get some more pro board to carve the mold out of for the fiberglass to layup on.

Back