Cleaning Seatbelts

scotty96lsc

Registered
Does anyone have any tips for cleaning the seatbelts. Mine are ivory and after 9 years of driving they look pretty shabby. I have tried soapy water, scrub brush and no real results. Any tips would be appreciated. Remember these are ivory belts that now look a grayish, cream color.:(

RE: Cleaning Seatbelts

The last time I cleaned a set of belts I found it best to remove them from the vehicle and lay them out on a workbench. I then was able to scrub with a stiff brush using Simple Green then a full strength laundry detergent and cleach mixture. You can also soak them overnight in a solution of detergent and bleach.

They are very hard to get clean once they are soiled so once you do get them clean you may want to be sure to keep them clean by spraying with a cleaner monthly.

Has anyone Scotch-guarded the seat belts and carpet? I remember having my customized van Scotch-guarded years ago when the kids were little. Believe it or not, it did help.

I bought new (used) ones and they look like they have never been used. I don't get how the guy kept them so clean!! Got the pair for $160 which is dirt cheap compared to the dealer!!

Back