Installing a remote starter into a Gen1? READ THIS TIP!

Ryaske

Registered
Ok, I bought a bulldog remote starter months ago. Put it in my Infiniti J30 and ended up selling the car shortly after. So I took it out , and just got around to putting it in the Mark.

If one was to follow the directions and wiring charts provided by bulldog (same ones as VIPER and others), there would be a small issue. Thankfully I have the factory service manual and was able to fgure out a better solution. I'm posting my 6 hours and two days of studying and hard work here, so hopefully it goes smoother for you than it did for me.

There are 4 accessory circuits running from the ignition switch. I have named these by pin #: A1, A2(already spliced with A3 within the car), and A4.

A1 .. powers the radio, msg center, windows, and wipers. This circuit is tied into the Delayed Accessory Module. If you follow bulldogs directions, you will bridge A1 with ALL accessory wires, pretty much defeating all the fuses in the car and leaving one 40amp engine compartment fuse to power ALL accessory wires in the car (when you remvoe the key and before you get out). THIS IS BAD!!!!

Instead, wire A1 ONLY to the ACC out of the module.

Then, bridge A2(&A3) + A4 to ignition wire #1, and I1 to ignition wire #2.

this way, the delayed accessory module will only power what it used to, and not give you problems trying to power everything at once.

Hope this helps somebody .. and if you have any other specific questions I'd be happy to answer them for you.

I wish there were more DIY remote starter threads in this forum!!! Would have saved me a lot of time haha

RE: Installing a remote starter into a Gen1? READ THIS TIP!

Thanks for the info! :)

Back