H.I.D. ARE VERY DIM

hotrodrichlm

Registered
HI, JUST GOT A 97 MARK VII LSC FROM FLA. AND THE HEADLAMPS WONT LITE UP WHEN I TURN THEM ON I GET A LITTLE LIGHT FROM THE BULBS(HOPE THERE O.K.) AND I CAN HEAR A TICKING NOISE FROM THE SINGLE BALLAST PART NO. F7LB13C169AK AFTER A FEW TICKS IT STOPS AND THE DRIVERS SIDE BULB GO FROM DIM TO EVEN LOWER LIGHT OUTPUT TO NO LIGHT OUTPUT. I BEEN SEARCHING THE WEB BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING LIKE THIS PROBLEM, BALLAST? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. MAYBE I SHOULD KEEP MY 95 MARK INSTEAD OF GIVING IT TO MY WIFE SO SHE CAN OUR 88 MARK TO MY SON!!!
RICH

RE: H.I.D. ARE VERY DIM

Richard,

The Ballasts normally sound the way that you describe them ! There should be two Ballasts ! You most likely have a bad bulb/bulbs !

I have sent an email to you !

Good Luck,
Sonny

Same thing happened to my first Mark, 96 LSC. Thankfully it was less than 24 hours when I bought it and took it back to the dealer. He fixed it. Whole new headlight assembly.

Some cars only used 1 ballast. It's actually 2 ballasts in one unit, IIRC.

But yeah, somethings wrong. Probably the ballast, could be the bulbs.

David,

Forget Ford parts prices and numbers on Internet Sites ! Some sites show the TWO Ballats as one unit ! ALL HID cars have TWO Ballasts !

Good Luck,
Sonny

I have a dim light also, is it my ballast or bulb? And where can I get one?

Regarding the possible discontinuation of the HID bulbs: I talked to my local Lincoln dealer two days ago and they tell me that the bulbs are due to come off back order in March. They have no indication that the bulbs are discontinued.

I was offered by a friend to get one from the Lincoln dealer he works at for his discounted price of $205, thats still high

WELL IT WAS THE BULBS FOUND ONE NEW ONE AT A LINCOLN DEALER THE GUY WAS SAVING AND HE GAVE ME IT AT A DISCOUNT!! ANOTHER GUY WAS SAID TO HAVE ANOTHER NEW ONE HE WOULD SELL ME BUT THAN THE A-HOLE STOP RETURNING MY CALLS. (WASTED A LOT OF TIME) SO BACK TO E-BAY AND I OVER PAID FOR A USED BULB. IT WORKS THANK GOD, BUT THE CENTER PART OF THE BULB IS TURNING GREY? ANYONE KNOW WHAT THATS ABOUT? THE NEW BULB WAS CLEAR, I SURE HOPE IT LASTS. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.
RICH:)

Glad you got it repaired...if you think we've helped and maybe saved you any money, please consider joining the club. It's only $20.00 and it'll help us help others! Thanks for listening to my advertising.

Bud Pytko - LOD Moderator
'97 LSC Silver Frost
'05 F250 SD CC PSD 4 X 4 AZ Beige
'94 Prowler 5th Wheel
http://squarebirds.org/images/BudPytko97LSC.jpg

if bulbs start at one light level and then get dimmer,check voltage between ballast and bulb(pin into each wire)
should be around 85 volts dc,plus minus 10 volts.

i had a ballast that started at 60 volts and in less than 1 minute would drop to 40 volts,if you have 80+ volts and no real drop,its the bulbs

Back