How do you install collars on the 1 3/8

gaspeddle

Registered
FINALLY got my 1 3/8 Addco front sway bar. Going through the instructions, no problems until it mentions the two collars that need to be installed to keep the front sway bar centered.

How do I put these on the sway bar? The ends of bar are pressed flat (so they are now retangular) - there in no way these round collars will slide over! They are one piece, but it looks like they need to be two piece (to come apart) in order to install.

Is there a trick I'm missing or were these supposed to have been installed on the bar at the factory prior to the bar being "bent" into its current shape.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jim - 94 Mark VIII
Midnight Opal w/black interior
http://home.cogeco.ca/~gaspeddle/
http://home.cogeco.ca/~gaspeddle/oval.jpg

RE: How do you install collars on the 1 3/8

FINALLY got my 1 3/8 Addco front sway bar.

Wh-wh-w WHAT????????? I searched hi & lo for a "front" sway bar, and could not find one for the Mk8! Addco's web site really blows on this account (or maybe I'm just blind).

Ok, so what's the part #'s that are compatible with the Mk8???

I bought & installed Addco's 1-1/8" rear bar already. Anybody got a good suggestion for front swaybar diameter to marry with the 1-1/8th rear?

Thanks in advance..............

Well, thanks to some LOD members, it turns out that I should have been shipped TWO piece collars that are put in place after the bar is installed... Addco claims it was shipped the wrong pieces by their supplier. They said they'd ship me new ones ASAP... hmmmm... it took 6 months to get the bar!!!

Hopefully we'll have this all resolved soon.

Oh, and I'm going to get the Ford dealer to install the front bar. Guaranteed flat rate of .7 hours... too good to be true! Sold!

Thanks for the help.

...oh yeah...

The 1 3/8" sway bar is a TCCOA piece. Addco supposedly sells it only to TCCOA members, but it think some one said Summit would sell you one... but I'm guessing.

I heard it is a difficult install, is it? How does the car feeL? Do you have the rear done too?

...oh yeah...

The 1 3/8" sway bar is a TCCOA piece. Addco supposedly sells it only to TCCOA members, but it think some one said Summit would sell you one... but I'm guessing.
When I ordered my rear swaybar from Summit, I asked if a front was available, to which they said "no." Unless things have changed since February......but thanks for the info!

Back