What route should i go?

94hondakilla

Registered
Well i have came to the conclusion that i need new front air struts. My car floats after every bump... and when is park, i pushed on the front fender and the car just goes up and down, after i stopped. So what should i do guys? Replace everything up front? it has 150,000 miles on it and the air suspension parts have never been replaced. i'm afraid that the compressor is gone also, since i leave the car parked for a few weeks and i come back to the front end slammed to the ground. 2nd generation struts, coilovers or any other suggestion would be helpful... thanks.

RE: What route should i go?

Front shocks definitely sound shot. Since they're part of the air strut assembly, I'd just bite the bullet and go for a new set of Gen 2 struts. A bad compressor wouldn't cause the front to go down - that's bad struts again.

John
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6 LX

Do the struts and compressor once, and you won't have to worry about it again for as long as you own the car. Converting to conventional struts sounds like more of a headache and doesn't sound like it would cost much less.

Just don't go to the dealer looking for the parts. Try fordpartsnetwork.com for the struts, and eddie at bluecollar industries for the compressor.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, i think that is what i will most likey do. How long does it roughly take to change out the struts and compressor?

I personally would not replace the compressor until it dies.. The problems you are having sound like it is just the front air bags. If you want piece of mind go ahead and replace it now or you could just buy a new one and have it on-hand when the old one goes dead. It might last another week or another two years who knows...

Back