New Mark VIII vids- high quality

<< I want mine to do that...>>

+1, great sounding exhaust, what brand are those? Your signature doesn't indicate.

<< I want mine to do that...>>

+1, great sounding exhaust, what brand are those? Your signature doesn't indicate.

They are stainless dual oval mufflers from Bill over at SCP. I can't remember the brand, but they are made in China.:D $79 a pop was a good enough price for me and I like the stainless look too. :cool:

great videos, made even better, because I know that tunnel very well.

and you have confirmed my need for a J-mod. although Lonnie's tuner has allowed for a quick chirp on the gear change, but not like that.. :)

and you have confirmed my need for a J-mod. although Lonnie's tuner has allowed for a quick chirp on the gear change, but not like that.. :)

The tuner makes that big a difference?

Hey Tixer, that is with the springs in also for the accumulators!!:eek: You can leave the lower springs out for a harsher shift, but now you can see why many put them back in. I wouldn't want it any harsher especially once I get some sticky Mickey's on the back. You can really feel the shift even under light throttle. :D

The tuner makes that big a difference?

On my original tune which is an SCT single bank chip with a 92 octane tune, there was a misunderstanding and my transmission parameters were left stock. Once it was re-written, the car felt like it had a whole different tranny in it and my neutralizing condition before lock-up into overdrive went away. :D Along with this came MUCH MUCH MUCH better shifting, firmness, and of course a just perfect shift schedule.

I opted for the X3 tuner, but the 92 octane tune, which I believe he cranked back ever so slightly once he learned my transmission had 185k on it.. The handheld tuner was a bit more expensive, but it allows for realtime monitoring, and I didn't have to deal with tearing the computer apart.. just hooked up to the OBD port, and hit "send program."

the shifts are undoubtedly where the tune really shines. they are a lot of fun. from a stop, or accelerating "in gear," I might almost say it is a bit slower.. (harder to spin out..) maybe I have just gotten used to it, or maybe I am remembering my old tires.. I have been meaning to flash back to stock to "test." That, plus my new front and rear sway bars have made mine a whole different car.

I opted for the X3 tuner, but the 92 octane tune, which I believe he cranked back ever so slightly once he learned my transmission had 185k on it.. The handheld tuner was a bit more expensive, but it allows for realtime monitoring, and I didn't have to deal with tearing the computer apart.. just hooked up to the OBD port, and hit "send program."

the shifts are undoubtedly where the tune really shines. they are a lot of fun. from a stop, or accelerating "in gear," I might almost say it is a bit slower.. (harder to spin out..) maybe I have just gotten used to it, or maybe I am remembering my old tires.. I have been meaning to flash back to stock to "test." That, plus my new front and rear sway bars have made mine a whole different car.

Yeah, hindsight is always 20/20. If I were to do anything different, I would have got a handheld tuner to beat having to mail the chip back and forth between Ohio and Minnesota. Now I have to send it back AGAIN eventually because I have rear o2 codes that shouldn't be there because they were deleted and should have been turned off in the tune. I'm gonna wait though, because Car Craft is next weekend and I want to get her on the dyno for the first time. :D

Back