Anyone IN Tampa bay that can help?

GRAND_LS 400

Registered
I have a serious suspension problem that’s making me hate my car. A lot of steering play and the car leans to the right side, physically, and falls to the right when I’m driving. I can’t figure out which bag needs to be changed, and its wearing out my tires in an uneven tread. Every time I think I figured out the problem, something else happens that proves me wrong. The whole frame of the car is leaning to the Passenger side, I don’t know what it is, and it’s always changing. Ben having issues ever since I bought the car, so I really don’t know how the Mark SHOULD ride, but I know mine has serious issues. The dealer couldn’t help me, nor any other store. I hope someone can help. So if you live in the Tampa Bay area, I will drive TO YOU, just offer me some of your time.
Thanx.

RE: Anyone IN Tampa bay that can help?

If the whole car is leaning to the right, then either one or both of the front height sensors is out of adjustment - they're what keeps the car level side to side. They're easy to adjust but be aware - a small amount of adjustment makes a much larger difference in height.

John
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6 LX

It could also be a leaky strut on the right side, if it's "always changing" as you say. It could also be a loose height sensor.

Suspension problems are usually pretty easy to diagnose with an inspection and a little help from someplace like this. Your best bet is to get the front end up on jack stands, take off both front tires, and do a careful inspection. Look for anything loose, anything leaking, torn boots, etc. Grab the top of the spindle where it connects to the upper control arm and pull it around hard, same with the bottom. If there's any play, you need to narrow it down farther and go from there. Check side to side, wiggle the hub/spindle side to side (like you're turning the steering wheel) to check for any play in the tie-rods. Look closely at all the height sensors for cracks or looseness. And do a soapy water test on both airbags.

Good luck, i know what kind of a pain front-end problems are.

Dave

Thanks guys, but what caused my gray hairs to come out is... sometimes it leans to the Front right corner, sometimes its the REAR right corner, so if its a strut that’s worn out, then why would it pump at times and not others. Second thing, I been having this problem prior to lowering it, and now that I lowered it, I have the same exact issue, I tried adjusting the sensors but with no luck. It’s like no matter how high or low the car actually is, the right side is always proportionately lower. What I’m seriously suspecting is the front strut, because I have never seen it go higher then the left one.

If you notice in these pictures, look carefully at the upper part of the tire, you see that it’s INSIDE the circle on the RIGHT side of the car, as opposed to being straight like on the left side.

http://images2.fotki.com/v21/free/c97b/2/29052/52851/Picture067-vi.jpg?1048143729 (click here if you dont see the pic below)
http://images2.fotki.com/v21/free/c97b/2/29052/52851/Picture067-vi.jpg

I had the car inspected by a pro more then once, but no one can tell me what it really is for sure.

Cool car...

Q. Do you ever get a check air ride warning?

Also, I think the computer always tries to level the car if its off....And it'd be a good idea to spray down that front strut with a dish soap solution the next time you top them off....turn off the air ride switch and see if that bag gives you a 'salt on a snail' show......I'll bet you have a bad bag.

te
LM8
146.7k miles

Cool car...

Q. Do you ever get a check air ride warning?

Also, I think the computer always tries to level the car if its off....And it'd be a good idea to spray down that front strut with a dish soap solution the next time you top them off....turn off the air ride switch and see if that bag gives you a 'salt on a snail' show......I'll bet you have a bad bag.

Thanx!
Never got a Warning message about my Air Ride.
The only issue killing me is the LEFT rear is ALSO low, so if it was ONLY the front Left, why would the rear sag too? And it can’t be BOTH of them, or the car wouldn’t be drivable. The car stops pumping before the car is leveled. When I park the car, I check it from the rear RIGHT AWAY, and it’s still not even. Even thought it was just pumping a Second ago. It’s like the car *THINKS* its pumping the right way. The sensors seem to be just fine. It’s driven me crazy, just explaining it gives me gray hairs. Any help Is appreciated.

Back