Kale Mod problem

Grifter

Registered
i am trying to setup the kale mod (1.2) in my 97..
i have it all wired in, but i get nothing..
no up or down. the bosch style relay clicks when i press the switch down to delfate the bags, but does nothing, and when i press up to inflate, nothing, no relay clicks, nothing.
the R50 relay doesnt appear to do anything either, its see through, so i can see the contacts, and they never change.
all the connections made in the black and grey connectors for the suspension computer appear to be right. the colors match the diagrams listed colors, and positions. the correct connection points to the switches, diodes and relays and all the points.

i cant figure it does nothing..

jsut for clarity's sake, the connections i make to terminal 12, 14, 15,30, etc are coming FROM the connector that goes into the computer, not the wires leading back into the car? cause that would be the only thing i could think of...

any ideas, no matter how far out would help.. i am at a loss...

RE: Kale Mod problem

Wires 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 30 should not be cut. They need to be tapped into without cutting the wire, or you cut the wire and splice it back together. So you'll be connecting to where it comes from the computer AND where it goes into the car.

Wires 21 and 12 get cut and attached to the relay, and the other side of the relay is attached to the wires that lead back into the car.

Also, make sure you're getting power. I usually hook up to the cigarette lighter for power, if thats what you did, check the fuse.

Hope this helps!

Dave

yeah i stupidly realized that i shouldnt have cut them this morning... i ran a fused wire directly from the battery for power.

the diagram makes it seem like they need to be cut and patched in, not spliced. no where in the explanation of it does it say splice either.. but then again it also doesnt say cut either :)

after i sat and thought about it, it made perfect sense that i was not supposed to cut them.. oh well.. live and learn :)

no problem, as long as it all works in the end :)
i look at it this way.. now i know that my bags dont leak, cause i have driven over 500 miles w/o a functioning air computer...

i dont think i will ever get a car again that doesnt have one..

what did you do to your grill in your sig? that looks pretty slick, any closer pics of it?

i'll take some pics for you right now, even though the car is very dirty, but o well, give me a few minutes.

Here, I don’t have hosting space, so I’m using Fotki for now, but it will stop working soon though, but any rate I hope it works for a while.

All it is some Black Electrical tape, but you wouldn’t know until you touch it. I choose that over painting because its 100% reversible in 2minutes and it’s been holding on through some crazy storms at 100Mph+
And it doesn’t look bad with that black plate.
But I guess some will like it, and some will hate it.

http://images2.fotki.com/v23/free/82df/2/29052/52851/IM000555-vi.jpg?1051221829
http://images2.fotki.com/v23/free/82df/2/29052/52851/IM000555-vi.jpg
Tell me if you cant see it.

no i can see it..
i like it, it makes the grill look a little different...like the spokes arent even there.. what i was thinkign would be pretty good looking is if you black out the one going through the emblem like you did, and the one on either side of it.. so the emblem would look like its 'floating' there...

Just for the record, Marks don't come with sunroofs. They do, however, come with Moonroofs. :9

Back