rear sway bar and strut tower brace

outside18

Registered
just wondering if anyone had installed these to their mark? im definitely thinking about doing it. any feedback is appreciated.

RE: rear sway bar and strut tower brace

why couldnt you use the strut tower brace for a tbird? is the engine in the way? how does the car drive funny? i was lookin to get a 1 1/4 rear sway bar and put it in the same day i sensor lower my car.

I heard that the front strut tower brace won't fit. I guess it interferes with the hood or engine. Not sure about the rear, i don't see why it wouldn't fit.

Here's some info on how sway bars relate to vehicle dynamics:

http://www.markviii.org/~sleeper/rollstiffness.jpg

I was thinking about getting big sway bars, so i researched it. Then i decided that the sway bars on there now are fine. I have done the kale mod to my car, so if i ever go autocrossing, i can just lower the vehicle, which will increase wheel camber (bad for tire wear, good for lateral grip) and lower the center of gravity. Be careful, though, if you lower the rear to far you will have a problem with snap oversteer.

I put the bigger sway bar on the rear of my car. It took out a lot of the body roll, but I am paying for it in ride quality. I like it though. I want to auto-cross it, but it's not happening here this year, and I haven't gone out of my way to go where it is. Mainly because of time problems, but also because I want to get some more things done to my car first.

I didn't do the front sway bar because it is too difficult for me to do, and now I'm not sure I want to sacrifice the rest of the ride quality.

I haven't noticed any extreme handling problems, but haven't raced the car. I do take entrance ramps at a pretty good pace, and have slid the car around a little, but it hasn't given me any indication that it wants to break loose.

Back