VladN02

Registered
braught my 98 mark lsc down 2 and a half inches,
also did a blue book value,
98 MarkVIII LSC, 41k miles,
mint... with everything thats extra = 19,874
5 star ford in saint anthony minnesota.

RE: lowered my car the other day...

If you have any before and after pic's, I'd like to see 'em. I'm hoping to lower my '98 LSC soon. I wasn't going to go that low though - maybe 1.5 inch, 2.0 inches max...

yeah me too - I haven't had enough guts to do it, but I know I definatley will once I out some 18"'s on...

Vlad, or any 2nd gen guys...
what was the stock height of your cars? either from the ground, or better yet, from the bottom edge of a 16" rim (tahts how i measured mine, its a bit easier to me)
cause before i dropped mine, i thought the front sat way too high, higher than it should.

Vlad, whats your ride hieght now?

cause before i dropped mine, i thought the front sat way too high, higher than it should.

Definitely, that nose is so far up in the air its almost scary. I cant wait to drop mine a little, just in the front for now. More extreme lowering will come with the wheels

yeah.. exactly
mine was about 3-4" wheel gap in front, and only 2 in the rear with an empty trunk. i have seen alot of 2nd gens driven by old people (so i assume no mods) that sit a little closer to level, still nose high but not as bad...

Sweet looking car Christo. Those pix make me homesick for Ohio too. I like the running lights under the bumper but how many times have you knocked them off? They wouldn't last long in SoCal....sometimes I can hear the bumper cover scraping the top of the sidewalks we have to pull up to here. Did you disconnect the antenna so it stays up all the time?

I think I have a problem in my left strut, so I cant get correct measurements for you.. Sorry.

But sometimes I want my old ride back. I drive thorough so many bad roads to school, especially the downtown area, and the other day I just dropped 3 of my friends and I decided to turn off the air ride so the car wouldn’t drop back, and let met tell you, I sure miss my old comfy, bad handling ride. It gets VERY bouncy on the highway; I wish I can just disable the feature to lower the car at 65Mph, its killing me!!!!

Sweet looking car Christo. Those pix make me homesick for Ohio too. I like the running lights under the bumper but how many times have you knocked them off? They wouldn't last long in SoCal....sometimes I can hear the bumper cover scraping the top of the sidewalks we have to pull up to here. Did you disconnect the antenna so it stays up all the time?

Thanks - I currently removed those lights and went for the HID conversion. I might have hit them once becuase there is a big scrape on one - who knows? The car was on when I took some of those pics, so my antenna goes up when the radio is on and down when the radio is off.

didnt catch my heights before but it was a lot higher, after i lowered it, it sat down 2 1/2 inches. which could still go a lot lower, but it looks very nice:mad:

Factory specs from the bottom of the rim to the top of the wheel well is 24.5 - 25 in the front, and 24.25 - 24.75 in the rear.

John
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6 LX

"Factory specs from the bottom of the rim to the top of the wheel well is 24.5 - 25 in the front, and 24.25 - 24.75 in the rear."

wow.. my fronts were 26.5, rears 24.75.. that explains why i thought it sat a bit high...

>> wow.. my fronts were 26.5

You can easily adjust that out at the height sensors. You'll need to do both sides in front, and remember - a very little movement at the sensor results in a lot of change at the wheel.

John
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6 LX

"Factory specs from the bottom of the rim to the top of the wheel well is 24.5 - 25 in the front, and 24.25 - 24.75 in the rear."

Mine measures about 22" from the bottom of the rim to the top of the wheel well. This is about 26" from the ground, which is the same height as the tires.

>> wow.. my fronts were 26.5

You can easily adjust that out at the height sensors. You'll need to do both sides in front, and remember - a very little movement at the sensor results in a lot of change at the wheel.

John
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6 LX

Actualy i dont think thats true i had to move mine half an inch in front to lower it down, thats alot, the sensor had to be squeezed VERY tight back in the spot. the rear, though is very sensitive. and remember you need to decompress the rear to lower it haha, i did it backwards first time, had my assend stick up, there was 8 inches between the tire and the wheel well.

Forgot to connect the rear sensor once, lowered the car and slammed the rear to the ground. Could barely get a jack back under.
Looked good though,slammed ass like that.

Back