Air Bag Dump

Grifter

Registered
Is there a way to make the stock system dump faster?
I guess I can wait for the system to pump itself up, but I would like to drop it quicker..

RE: Air Bag Dump

Yes, you can tap the dryer, run a length of tubing to an inexpensive solenoid valve, splice into the stock solenoid valve wiring to operate the new valve and you're done.

Total cost: $25 and a couple of spare hours.

Of course it will cause problems with the car dropping too low, but you could manually operate the valve as well. Unfortunately, that means you need a way to operate the other solenoids too. Another option is to have it work only with the ignition off so when you park the car it drops fast, when on the road, it operates normally. There are lots of possibilities.

Kale

good deal. i knew there had to be a way.
probably by the time i am done with this, i will have a system similar to your reserve tank setup. all in steps.. just have to keep telling myself that :D

By the way kale, since its hard to get a catch of you, I wanted to ask.. Does a leak in the front strut result in little play in steering?

Thanks.

Not that I know of. I would think any good alignment shop could find your problem with steering play. It could be any number of things, but my first guess would not be a leaky strut. I'd check the tie rods first. You might just rationalize that things will need to be replaced sometime anyway, so start replacing some of the more obvious items, tie rods, control arms, etc. I know there is a company that offers a kit for our cars. You might want to start there.

Kale

Thanks for the reply, but the reason I suspect its my strut is because right after i had my new control arms put in, (which of course involves deflating and inflating the bags all over again) I noticed the steering was PERFECT, I thought it was because of my new control arms, but my dream shattered away after a few pumps, and drops. Toke it to get an alignment 5 times, 3 at pep boys, twice at the stealership, and no one can find any problems. (But it’s very visible the car is lower in the RIGHT passenger corner.

Also, can I disable the drop at 65Mph? It’s already low to the ground.

Thank you very much!!

Back