Air ride question

Brugada

Registered
I feel like an ass for having as my first post, but here it goes. :)

98 Mark 8

I went to do the sensor lowering mod. Accidentally lowered the bracket. Started the car it raised up, but didnt pop the bags or anything. Swore a bunch and installed the bracket correctly, turned the air switch back on and started it again and the car didnt lower and I got the check air ride message.

Any thoughts where to start? I was very careful with the sensors and dont believe I damaged them. I only had the front done and started it to check it out, so the rear is still factory. No wires or lines crimped. Ive never had any problems with the air ride before.

Thanks

Which is high...the rear or the front?..... or both? Are you SURE that you raised/lowered both in the correct direction?

Sorry I should have been clearer. I never touched the back. After I correctly raised the front brackets I started it up with the switch on and the front didnt lower and I got the check air ride error and no compressor.

So just now I installed the brackets to the factory positions and flipped the switch and started it up. Heard the compressor, watch the front end lower a hair, but I think it was just the back airring up a little. But the front was still super high and wasnt lowering. So I hopped on the freeway real quick and the front lowered to its normal position. So its fixed.

But Im not sure if I want to try the mod again. Do you think it messed up because the front was so high?

Back