Check Air Suspension

sotexlincoln

Registered
I am getting a "Check Air Suspension" light on the dash computer about 2 to 3 minutes after I start the car and cruise at city speeds. I hear the compressor running a little longer and vibrating louder than normal right before the light comes on. As a matter of fact, it sounded like the car was missing a little until I figured out it was the suspension compressor. I am assuming that the compressor is acting up and sending a trouble signal to the computer.

I turned off the switch last weekend for about 2 days and the car did not droop at all on any corner. In fact, I have turned it off randomly for about two weeks time. I would guess there are no airbag leaks. It vents like it's supposed to and raises upon start-up.

Does it sound like the compressor is taking a crap, or do I need to leave the switch off for a longer period of time to diagnose it further? It looks wierd when it's parked and it doesn't 'lay down' for the night.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Check Air Suspension

Its cooked...You can manually fill it by using the switch for a while...but eventually you'll need a another....Arnott's reman has worked well for me at $165.00 ...there are others for around the same..

Sounds like the struts are ok.

te
LM8

Dean,

Sorry to read about your mechanical problems. It's almost as bad as a kid getting sick. There are times I get a wild hair and think about selling mine, so I don't ever have to experience any problems. I just recently rolled 63k miles and I know they're going to eventually happen. But I also know I will never have another automobile that I like so much.

If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

Lee

I highly recommend Bluecollar Industries for reman air compressors. The pump I received from Eddie has been extremely abused over the last two years and it is still running strong.

Kale

Thanks guys, that's what I thought. I wish I had replaced the compressor when I changed out my headlight lens, grille, and mounted the license plate bracket a few months ago. If I had only known then,...if ain't broke, don't fix it right?

There's a bright side, I already know how to disassmeble the front face and take all that stuff off, so it should be a breeze. Next weekend after Mother's Day and finals.

Thanks again!

My '86 Mark VII air compressor started making louder noises and running longer than usual. The mechanic I go to changed out the O rings and the compressor is STILL working more than 2 years later. Just a thought........

Back