Compressor never runs, front WAY up...

MaddShadez

Registered
a few months ago I started having problem with my air ride where it was slammed all the time. THe compressor never kicked in at all, and I got an immediate check air ride message (no 90 second pause)After about a month of this, it suddenly worked again for about a week. Than my alt went out, so after replacing that, my front end is way up, while the rear is still slammed. The compressor still won't kick on and I still get the immediate check air ride message. I've checked all fuses and they are fine (both in car and underhood fuses)

Can anyone guide me to what I should check next? Thanks

RE: Compressor never runs, front WAY up...

Sounds like multiple problems.

1) Rear being slammed is not normal at all.....the rear bags fail much less often than the front..

2) The compressor is not venting...this leaves you high and dry..

3) Immediate check air ride. This is caused by one or even two things....

a) The relay may be bad. It is in the front passenger wheel well, under the liner, attached to the comprssor bracket....You can check it by pulling the ABS relay from the drivers front wheel well....easily accessible thru the cornering light....remove the light and you can get to the relay...Pull it and try it on the compressor's relay...

b) The computer module may be bad....This happened to me....immediate check air ride on start up....if this is bad, you need a diagnostic check at the dealer...they are $300 new, so you want to be sure..

With the amount of problems you have, I would spend the $85 for the diagnostics....it doesn't mean you need to have the dealer fulfill its $1500 quote, you can do most yourself for much less..

te
LM8
148k miles

Back