Too high after shop visit...

Noddy

Registered
Heya all!

I just realized that since I had my car in the shop to get the oil changed and several suspension noises diagnosed, the car is riding higher than usual...after shutting it off and closing the last door goes down into it's normal "resting" position.

Now, the garage had the car quite some times so far, and I never had a problem before, but might they have maybe forgotten to switch the air ride system off, before putting it on the lift? Can this cause something like that, and more important, how can I make my car not looking like a mutated SUV again???

Thanks and have a great night,
Marcus.

RE: Too high after shop visit...

Thats the weird thing, John...it is too high on all corners...about 3/4" to 1" higher than the car usually was?!? :-/

I know that it is strange, but what can I say, thats what the thing is doing...LOL!

Marcus.

P.S.: No fallin asleep on the job, John, OK? :p

I didn't hear you say if the "check suspension" light was on or not. I'll assume it isn't, which means the module isn't "seeing" a problem. Its seeing the car at the height it wants it to be.

Its possible the mechanic that worked on the car found out it didn't make as bad a noise when the car was higher, so maybe he adjusted the sensors. Thats not the right way to "fix" something, but if thats the only way he can make money....well whatever.

No, there is no check suspension message. And, you guys can call me whatever you want, LOL, but the car is riding on his right height again after sitting for two days without driving it.

I have no clue what happened, but I know I was not drunk or so...LOL...somehow something caused the car to ride higher than normal for a couple days after coming off the lift ?!?

Thanks for all your help,
Marcus.

Did the lift actually allow the wheels to hang, or was it a drive on lift where the entire car is lifted, including the wheels?

Kale

Back