Right Rear down but not out

phreaknes

Registered
Ok I'm going a little crazy my right rear side of my car has been low for a month now and I'm kinda puzzled at what the problem could be and what the solve should be. the driverside rear seems to be ok. but so I dont think its the sensor since there is only one for both wheels in back (correct?). so its got to be the bag or the solinoid IMO. So should I just replace both rear bags and solnoids or just the bags or just the solinoids. I would like to "lower" the car on commands from my computer in the car coming soon but I need to fix this first before it gets out of hand.

RE: Right Rear down but not out

Put more air in the passenger tire. :p (lol!) If you're not getting any error messages on your display I wouldn't sweat it too much unless the car is bottomed out on one side and up on the other. Do you hear the pump running regularly or most of the time? It's remotely possible the right bag has a slight leak.

I have the same issue; the body of the car is kind of low on the passenger side. Also, the pass side tires feel like they are IN the wheel well, rather then along it.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/334000-334999/334879_1_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/334000-334999/334879_30_full.jpg

The driver’s side is just fine... and my car pulls to the passenger side.... that side also gets more break dust, and it’s killing me. And no one knows what it is, dealership didn’t say anything was wrong, but I can feel it.

Right front height sensor. The rear is a one-channel system, so it'll just follow the lead from the front. The front has a channel for each wheel. If one side of the front is set wrong, the whole car will lean. Play with that sensor a bit and see what you get. I had the same problem with my first mark (before i know anything about these cars, this was in the 2 weeks between getting it and totaling it) and i took it to the dealer and paid $65 for them to tweak the sensor. Car sat level after that.

As far as the pull, get an alignment and go from there. Does it pull under braking, or just in general? If if's just under braking, you have a suspension problem that needs to be dealt with (usually a lower control arm bushing, i've had this problem on both, er, actually 2 out of my 3 mark viii's). As far as the brake dust goes, i dunno. When was the last time you took off the wheels and inspected the brakes?

Right front height sensor. The rear is a one-channel system, so it'll just follow the lead from the front. The front has a channel for each wheel. If one side of the front is set wrong, the whole car will lean. Play with that sensor a bit and see what you get. I had the same problem with my first mark (before i know anything about these cars, this was in the 2 weeks between getting it and totaling it) and i took it to the dealer and paid $65 for them to tweak the sensor. Car sat level after that.

As far as the pull, get an alignment and go from there. Does it pull under braking, or just in general? If if's just under braking, you have a suspension problem that needs to be dealt with (usually a lower control arm bushing, i've had this problem on both, er, actually 2 out of my 3 mark viii's). As far as the brake dust goes, i dunno. When was the last time you took off the wheels and inspected the brakes?

Thanks for the response Dave,
Yes, I suspected the front height sensors, but I had this problem even before I Lowered my car, so I’m hoping that it’s only the front height sensor. The car pulls slightly at any time, breaking or no breaking, same thing. I had it aligned about 5 or 6 times.

My suspension tends to change with the weather(maybe its just me)On humid hot rainy days the front drops overnight but the rear doesn't drop all the way.on hot dry days 3 drop and driver rear does not on nice dry spring days it sits just right,No error mesage and the compressor seems to be running fine.so i am not too worried right now.also when I drive or leave in the morn and the car rises it runs normally no matter what the weather.in the winter its normal.Also my parking lot has a lot of dips in it .its definatly not level,and I suspect that has somthing to do with it too.sorry i couldn't give any helpful info but thought I would share a similar story.

Back