Sensor Lowering

Stra Dog

Registered
Hi guys, I was wondering If any of your guys have step by step instructions on how to lower the sensor about 2". I have been wanting to do this Mod but need some help from you guys. All help is appreciated. Thanks alot.

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
STRA DOG

RE: Sensor Lowering

Thank you , Sire. I just found that after posting the message :( O well. Thanks a ton anyways.

Jon Ike
95 MKVIII
STRA DOG

I just finished lowering the front of my '93 and this is how I did it. I raised the brackets on the frame 1/2 inch by relocating the top hole in the bracket and the bottom hole in the frame.I drilled a small pilot hole about 1/2 inch down from the top hole in the bracket, after removing it of course,and then opened it up with a 5/16 bit and remounted the bracket and did the same to the other side. I then remounted the tires and checked the new height.It looks great.Then I took the tires off and drilled a pilot hole in the center of the bottom hole in the bracket thru the frame,and opened this up with a 7/32 drill.The screws on my car are the self tapping type so I started them by using a 1/2 inch impact wrench and a little engine oil on the threads.Tighten them down ,put the tires back on and make any final adjustments at the ride height sensors and you're done. Just use a small jack or you may not be able to remove it when you finish.

Joe is right. You got to go up to go down.

'98 Pristine Pearlescent LSC
'93 V-10 Twin Turbo Money Pit (The MonsterMark)
'93 Parts Car, needs new head gaskets
Bryan

The link will be down for a while, until the site is moved to this server. It will be just a few more days.

Kale

I just finished lowering the front of my '93 and this is how I did it. I raised the brackets on the frame 1/2 inch by relocating the top hole in the bracket and the bottom hole in the frame.I drilled a small pilot hole about 1/2 inch down from the top hole in the bracket, after removing it of course,and then opened it up with a 5/16 bit and remounted the bracket and did the same to the other side. I then remounted the tires and checked the new height.It looks great.Then I took the tires off and drilled a pilot hole in the center of the bottom hole in the bracket thru the frame,and opened this up with a 7/32 drill.The screws on my car are the self tapping type so I started them by using a 1/2 inch impact wrench and a little engine oil on the threads.Tighten them down ,put the tires back on and make any final adjustments at the ride height sensors and you're done. Just use a small jack or you may not be able to remove it when you finish.And do a four wheel alingment A.S.A.P,because this mod throws the aligment off BIG TIME.

Just did my '98 LSC.... fyi the bracket bolts on the front are
10 mm and used a 15/32" on the rear bolts.
Did not drill second hole, as with single bolt reinstalled in each bracket and tightened, seemed secure enough. Marked everything and took a test run, re-checked bolts and brackets when I returned, nothing had moved.

Thanks Kale,

Back