Replace Bags & Pump and now the pump runs but bags don'

Mycophiles

Registered
I have new bags and a used pump. When I finally got everything put back togeather and put the car on the ground the bags don't pump up at all. I've already put it back up and checked and both bags are completely empty.

I hear the pump going so what gives? I have a couple questions.

When I put the pump on I might have switched the left and right pressure hoses. Does that matter?

My other question is going to have most of your rolling your eyes. Here's how the story goes. My pump died a few weeks ago. I knew at the time that I also needed front bags so I turned the air ride off and rode like that. The day before my bags arrive in the mail I decide I want to see if the pump works as I haven't tried it since I heard it go bad. I turn the air ride on in the driveway and sure enouph the pump is macking all kinds of racket. Well... I forgot to turn the air ride OFF so when I got to my sisters house a couple minutes later the front end was on the ground.

Now I'm using the same sillanoids b/c I thought I would be able too. It's either somthing I did with the pump or both front sillanoids are bad. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

RE: Replace Bags & Pump and now the pump runs but bags

you probably didn't push the lines far enough into the pump. It doesn't matter if you switched the lines. If it's the vent solenoid, it's part of the pump, so it got replaced when you did the pump. My bet is that the lines aren't pushed in all the way on the dryer.

Just a thought... when I did my front bags, I had to let the compressor run for I think at least 3 cycles before the car was back 'up'.

What I mean by cycles is that I would turn the ignition on, the compressor would run for 90 seconds and then the check air ride message would come on disabling the compressor. Shut key off, turn key back on resetting air ride, let compressor run again... etc...

http://www.markviii.org/~badsax/smileys/USflagsmall.gif -J http://www.markviii.org/~badsax/smileys/MusicNote.gif

LOD - New England Member http://www.markviii.org/~badsax/smileys/usa.gif
94' Black on Black Lincoln Mark VIII http://www.markviii.org/~badsax/smileys/burnout.gif

I thought the same thing. I let the car run for 3 complete cycles but it never came up. I jacked it up and the bags are completely empty. No air is getting to the bags.

I'll try pushing the hoses in a little harder.

I just went out and was checking the lines that go into the pump and I happened to squeeze the bag. I heart air going in and out when I squeezed it with the sillanoid on it. I took the sylannoid off and the top fell out. That's exactly what the other one did the first time that I took it out before replacing the suspension. I guess it's the sylannoids.

Fixed it.

I discovered that if I squeezed the bags there was venting where the sillanoid plugged up into the bag. I replaced the rings and the bags pumped up perfecty.

NOTE: when you get new bags from arnott they come with the rings. DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY. I thankfully was able to recover a pair from the trash... found one laying on the ground and another stuck up inside the bag itself. (don't ask me how it got there)

I went to ford before hand and was going to buy new sillanoids which cost 90 bucks and are not returnable. I bought the rings themselves and they are 10 BUCKS A PIECE. PLUS IF THE BAG IS OPENED THEN THEY ARE NOT RETURNABLE EITHER. Thankfully I will be able to return the ones I bought and get my 20$ back. :)

Back