update on new shocks

Greenemachine

Registered
A few posts down I said how I installed the 03 cobra cpe bilsteins.. well I love how my car rides and handles the road. Its like driving a new better cra. its so tight going around corners and over bumps.If ya got the money, I'd say do this upgrade you will really benifit from it.

RE: update on new shocks

Funny, I need new shocks and mounts myself. Where did you get them, did yoiu also change the moutns? Any special work needed to fit them?

I to will be changing the rear shocks along with the mounts. I am buying the cobra shocks from Steve (strapp). I think you have to either drill out the hole in the mount or remove a piece from the cobra for them to fit. Not sure, but will find out soon when i change them

ok mounts I bought from a dealer for like 40 each, yea I know that part sucks. but the bilsteins I got from fordpartsnetwork.com I believe 80 each, but I don't have the bill in front of me. easy as pie.. I actually did it the day of the blackout, thursday. I was working, got sent home early, and wa slike hey nothing else to do so I did it in like an hour and a half. then the rest of the night was a drunken mess, ha.. anyways not to get sidetracked but yea I just removed the sleeve that was on the cobras and it fit into the mount just fine as long as its tightned down there really isn't any play. you don't even have to take off the wheel, just drive it on ramps. there is a good write up a few posts down by iceman.

Back