compressor sound?

viiiball

Registered
I was wondering what should a "good" compressor sound like?,I didn't think much was wrong with my suspension,just weather affecting the way it drops overnight(see post right rear drops...)Low in rain or humidity, regular in winter and cool nice days and on hot days 3 drop and driver rear does not.But after reading through the suspension forums I am starting to wonder .at start up my compressor is kinda loud but not annoying loud I can just hear it running.but after driving it raises and drives great,no error messages and the bags look o.k...Please give me some good news,I just replaced the rotors and had the sunroof fixed and just renewed tags,I would really like some GOOD news for once.P.s. i replaced the battery in January,but it was the orig. battery

RE: compressor sound?

My compressor is loader at certain times. After driving on the highway and stopping on the off ramp it is noticable. It seems that it is loader when it is colder out.

As it ages it is going to get loader. I don't think it means that it is going to die just yet and if it does you can get one from Blue Collar for a decent price.

off ramp...yes i notice it then too!It seems to be lifting o.k. I went out this morning andthe pass front was slammed the others seemed o.k low on driverside and rear but i think that was due to the pass side.so maybe i just need to replace the front bags.where do i find info on bluecollar or arnot...i looked in vendors but saw nothing.Can you drive with air ride off without damaging anything.My car raises and stays up but drops after being parked about a day and a half,without a lot of driving,If i drive alot it stays pretty level.

yes I have already spoken to bluecollar(Thanks Eddie,for the quick reply)Unfortunatly,I have 1 bad air strut,but I'll replace both.money is tight so I am not sure how soon I can get to it.Probally not until late Oct.(while I am on vacation)I am so depressed maybe I should trade her in...but I wouldn't even get back the $$$ i have put in her

Back