Rear Swar Bar Klunking

Mycophiles

Registered
My rear swar bar is klunking. Has been for a while. My car was getting aligned the other day and I was able to get under the car and inspect it. The sway bar looks solid. Doesnt rattle when I try to shake it. Could the klunking sound (the sound which has started to sound like a very loose rattle at every little bumb) be the end links?

The rear shocks and shock mounts are new. (although I could inspect them just for safety reasons)

I'm confused. Suggestions needed. :)

RE: Rear Swar Bar Klunking

Maybe you should check the two mounts that hold the bar up, NOT the end links. I've been told the front rubber mounts wear out and make it clunk, I would imagine the rears could do that too.

How do you know it's the sway bar? There's other stuff back there that could clunk too.

It stops when I hit the brakes a bit but if I'm on the brakes and hit a hard bump it still rattles.

I've made sure on that back brake that the screws are tight. I'm guessing that the brake pad is making the noise but the fact that the back brakes are such a pain to work on I don't want to go diving into them just yet. :(

Back