who has the Kale mod

D Day

Registered
I lowered my car a while back and I am now tired of the ride, too bummpy. I love the look of the car when it is lowered so I have decided to take a shot at the Kale Mod. I looked over this mod and it seems a littel hard, and time consuming.

Any updates, news or help

Thanks David

Mark of the Cobra

RE: who has the Kale mod

yep. pretty straight forward.. just make sure that you read and understand what you your doing.. it makes the whole process make more sense..
i like my setup.. just make sure you pick switches that are easy for you to use.

As far as news there is some, it is concerning pins #21 and pin#1. Some people have said they needed to cut both wires to kill power to the module. In my documentation, I noted that I had to cut 21 in order to turn off the module AND be able to bring it back online. If bringing it back online (while driving) doesn't matter to you then don't worry about it. As long as power is cut and the module is off, you're set.

Here is some info on those T-Taps:

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/dcforum/DCForumID8/73.html

Kale

If I tap the wires and them later remove them, the system will still function normally, right.

Are these Radio Shack supplies, or should I go to a specialized store.

Mark of the Cobra

I'm confused. What is the advantage of the parts in Kale's V. 1.2 (the latching relay) vs. Dave's diagram?

What's the purpose of the DPST switch to the message center?

Scott

The latching relay allows you to hit one switch and have everything happen all by itself. Subbing in a switch means you simply have to flip another switch.

The relay also allows you to have the car automatically reset itself back to normal when restarted to raise the car back up. You simply wire the ignition switch to the relay's reset terminal. Or you could add a manual reset switch as well.

Kale

I ended up using the switch because the relay i bought didn't work. I think the switch is a more simple method of doing it. If you plan on hooking it up to your alarm or something like that, you'll probably want to use the relay.

Thanks guys. It makes sense now. Another cool weekend project to collect parts for.

Scott

Back