More Bad News..HELP!!!

viiiball

Registered
I turned off the air ride last night and this morning....Lowrider city in the front,fender lip on the tire,so I know its the struts,i will be getting a set of front struts as soon as I can,with a wife in med school and a 3 yaer old on one income things get rough...but i know if I don't get to it soon i'll kill the compressor.the rear struts seem fine.they just looked lopsided because of how low the front is...it does look like only the pass strut is leaking but am going to replace both as suggested in this forum.On top of it I am moving from a apt.to a duplex(which is a good thing,a garage ya know)but with my busy schedule,moving and working on car,i barely have time to sleep.On top of everything else I had to have work done to fix the sunroof(BTW,the rain we had here last weekend seemed to ruin the sunshade,any suggestions on where to get a replacement,does it have to be factory?at least the headliner is OK)anyway I am just "venting"(no pun intended)I am getting frustrated with the Mark,everytime I get the $$$ for somting from LMS something maintenence related pops up,If its not rotors its a sunroof,or the struts or plugs or somthing else,Can someone give me any words of wisdom or tell me how to keep my patience with my car,A Mustang GT or BULLIT is looking pretty good or maybe a used cobra,shoot I am almost ready to go back to an F body GM car!I love my car I am just frustrated.Anyway thanks for listening.

RE: More Bad News..HELP!!!

I know how it is sometimes everything will just hit you all at once.
One good thing is after you get all the little things fixed (not that front struts are little) you want have to worry about them again for a long time. Also at least you have this site/club to help you out with any questions. I wish I had found this site when I first bought my mark it would have saved me a ton of money.

Yep, I feel your pain too. Every time I think have have extra money to spend for fun things for my car, I get hit with all kinds of expensive maintenance items.

cool site,but how come the 97 struts are cheaper than the 95?I searched for 95 and they were 329.00 aren't they the same thing?and why were the 97 only 140.00?HAve you bought parts from this place before?Bluecollar is still cheaper than 329.00 but if someone could check out that website and let me know if 97 struts will work I'll buy both this week.What do you guys think?
Anyway,thanks for the link and thanks for helping my situation.
On an up note,my sunroof just needed alighned I did it and it didn't cost a thin dime!

Yes I have bought a whole bunch of stuff from those guys(ford parts network)

I am almost positive that the shocks will work on earlier, I currently have an older shock on my 97.

The guy over there, Torrie Mcphail is really sharp, on the ball, and he gets back to you usually within 20 minutes or so. I have always had good experiences with them.

I just bought a height sensor from him today, using that site. but previously i have bought: (2)front air shocks (1) air susp. computer and my step dad uses them now for his ford trucks and stuff. I highly recommend them.

I also feel your pain with the money thing. I have an extra passenger side air-shock. Recently I made a trade of sorts for the pair, but only my driver side was broken...but interestingly enough, the driver side i got in the trade also didnt work.

I am pretty sure the passenger side one works, if you want, I will send it out to you for free, if you just want to pay the shipping(probably 10-15 bucks dependng where you are)

I think it is a generation I model, and I dont need it.

You can call me or email me if you want.
I will be at 702-953-6647 until 5pm PST
and 702-838-6671 after that

or email me at aperez@shepherdeye.com

Gen. 2 shocks (97-98) will work on a Gen. 1 mark (93-96)
Many people on this site have installed Gen. 2 shocks on a Gen. 1 because they are cheaper.
But they give a softer ride (so I have read)

I would also recommend Torrie at fordpartsnetwork.com I have bought several items from him over the past year or two and have always been happy with the service I recieved.

thanks for cheering me up a bit guys I 'll take that shock if you really don't need it it will save me some $$$ I will PM you for more details.again this board is great!

Glad to help, that shock s is just going to sit in the garage and collect dust.

It is used, so it isnt perfect or anything. but at least it will give you some breathing room, and let you buy the shocks on your own time.

in repsonse to your earlier question on how to keep your patience with the car...I recently had an experience that I want to share, it might help.

Last weekend when I was working on my suspension, I got the shock installed, but the height sensor was toast, so I couldnt really do anything with it, except let it bounce around like some cliche lowrider.

So on Saturday night, I was with a friend and we were driving to pick up another friend to do some drinking. As we were sitting at this redlight, this car full of 18-19 year-old kids in some halfway(body kits left unpainted) riced out ford focus. one of the guys in the backseat thought it was funny that my car was bouncing around and looked stupid. So he started cracking some jokes with his buddy. After spending 2 hours installing a shock, just so I couldnt get it to work, and dealing with all the suprises this car has, I just lost it. I dragged that sorry little punk out of the car and knocked him senseless. My friend smacked around the driver a little. It really felt good, and since I cant really beat up my car when I get frustrated...this worked for me.

Then the light turned green and people started honking, so we left.

I just figured I would share that, it might help next time you are frustrated.

I'm done ranting, call me...I'll ship that shock out whenever.

Aaron

Back