vacuum sensors

kjm42

Registered
does any one know what the two sensors on the drivers side of the engine is that sit right above the valve cover they have vacuum lines run to them and electrical connections thanks

Yeah, its the EGR vacuum regulator solenoid.

EGRValveSolenoid.gif

J, what's the matter with you? LOL :D

The TWO vacuum solenoids are the EGR vacuum solenoid and the IMRC (Intake Manifold Runner Control) vacuum solenoid on the '93 through '96 Gen1 models.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

driller said:
J, what's the matter with you? LOL :D

The TWO vacuum solenoids are the EGR vacuum solenoid and the IMRC (Intake Manifold Runner Control) vacuum solenoid on the '93 through '96 Gen1 models.

Lol, sorry was rushing to dinner. :)

You can eliminate the EGR one but not the IMRC one, unless you remove the runners in the intake.

You can delete the EGR with an EGR delete and a tune. You could delete the IMRC but unless you are putting in a supercharger, it is not recommended.

with the ger i have been getting a code egr valve opening not detected how do you get to the egr do you have to take the wiper cowl off

I did diagnose it its the egr. Sensor the one that's mounted on the back of the head right next to the egr. So I guess ill refraise the question how do I get to that sensor LOL thanks

If you drop the transmission out you can reach it quite easily. LOL :D

Seriously, the preferred way would be to remove the cowl and wiper assembly.

It's not that bad. Another tip is to also remove the hood or disconnect the hood struts and prop the hood open more. Be careful, don't let the corners hit the cowl.

When you replace your bad DPFE, you'll get your fuel mileage back.:)

A broom handle is a good replacement for one man. :) I had my hood swapping down when I got my hood scoop done.

Back