mark will NOT idle proper throwing a code

bryan9885

Registered
my car for some time now has had an idleing problem it idles at about 12-1300 in park and 1000 in drive and is throwing a code saying it the eec cant control idle down low, my car has no vac leaks i have been all over it and sprayed starting fluid no change in idle, my idle air control checks out fine i am stumped my car has been like this since i bought it and i really want it to idle where it is supposed to it is wasting gas and is no good for components im sure any help would be great :eek:

when i disconnect it, the car starts up at its same idle of 1200 it doesnt go up to its 2000 and come back down gradually like it does when it is plugged in so i am assuming that it is doing its job when it is plugged in

when i disconnect it, the car starts up at its same idle of 1200 it doesnt go up to its 2000 and come back down gradually like it does when it is plugged in so i am assuming that it is doing its job when it is plugged in

It could be working, but not working well..... Also, I know you said you didn't have any vac leaks, did you check how much vac you are pulling at idle. There is a spec in the service manual you could compare to.

You might also consider checking that the maf is plugged in and working. I know the car can idle high if the MAF is unplugged or non functional.

It could be working, but not working well..... Also, I know you said you didn't have any vac leaks, did you check how much vac you are pulling at idle. There is a spec in the service manual you could compare to.

You might also consider checking that the maf is plugged in and working. I know the car can idle high if the MAF is unplugged or non functional.

on my car when the maf is unplugged it starts a low lopey idle like its cammed out, but i unplugged it and plugged it back in good and tight still the same idle, i havent checked to see how much vac it is pulling i dont have a gauge to check it

Back