Front Susp Hardware Source?

Mattcomet82

Registered
I am in the middle of replacing my LCA's, strut rod bushings, wheel bearings, steering rack, and passenger air strut. In the midst of all the hammering, pb blaster, pry bars and swearing, I was forced to use a sawzall to remove the lower strut to LCA bolts. Does anyone know where I can source these bolts, as well as the other hardware accessories for this job?

I'm pretty sure my LCA to k-member bolts are ok, the bolts I really need are the LCA to air strut bolts, the ones with the flags spot welded to the bolt head. The LCA bushing seized to the bolt and tore the rubber insulator. I had to us a sawzall to cut them out,

Don't use the MOOG bolt, as it's smaller in diameter and will cause issues.

I'll dig thru my stash, I think I have few of them, with tabs intact. How many do you need ?

FYI, They're still available from Ford. Problem is they're not only expensive, but for the bolt, you have to buy a bag of 4. Nuts come 2 to a bag. Prices below are EACH, not for the bag.

Bolt (with retainer): N808998-S436 Retail: $7.29 Max: $5.83
Nut: N805476-S427 Retail: $23.08 Max: $18.46

Haha wow! I'll be taking off a bunch of air struts on Tuesday...want me to grab you some bolts? :) Leave the flags on?? (I hate those things!)

Haha wow! I'll be taking off a bunch of air struts on Tuesday...want me to grab you some bolts? :) Leave the flags on?? (I hate those things!)

That would be sweet! I need two bolts (nut too if you can), and you can leave the flags on. If they cause a problem I can pull them off. Thanks!

Sounds great. If you can send some out monday, I'll have J hold off on picking up extras. I've changed my mind and I'd like to get 3 bolt/nut combinations, so I can have a backup.

Back