Just when i t starts to get a little cool at nights...

calisonic

Registered
My blend door fails.
At least I think it's the blend door, no heat and I hear a slight ping/click noise when I set the temp higher.

Wasn't there a fellow in FL (Tarpon Springs maybe?) who could knock this out pretty quick?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; MB860 Build/4.5.91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ok fine, I wont be lazy this weekend like I planned.
As far as the part I need, a local stealership says he can get the "lower" linkage for $7 and the actuator itself is $60 something. What do i actually need? I would need a few days for them to ship in to have them by Saturday.

Take it apart first, you may not need anything! Look at my write up where I fixed mine. If you clue it back together and put the compression fitting on it and then modify the arm, you shouldn't have to buy anything. (unless the lower arm broke off).

Take it apart first, you may not need anything! Look at my write up where I fixed mine. If you clue it back together and put the compression fitting on it and then modify the arm, you shouldn't have to buy anything. (unless the lower arm broke off).

I know but it's only $7 and i wanted to have it on hand in case. I only have one day to do it on sat and i will need the car again for work.

Wirelessly posted (LOUD NOISES!: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Look under the dash by the glovebox. You can see the gray arm and tell if it's broken. It won't break on the inside, it'll break where the metal arm attaches.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; MB860 Build/4.5.91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Ok ill check.
You guys should hear my dealership tech friends groaning on about the complexity of this.

Ok ill check.
You guys should hear my dealership tech friends groaning on about the complexity of this.

Well, they're really going to be groaning when you say no thanks, I'll do it myself. :D

Oh they were. I told em I had a write up, they started going on about something with a bottle Jack and breakin all kinds of stuff, pulling some linkage under the car, dropping the steering column and inevitable ratlles. Whatever. One of em owes me for helping them wire an alarm system so he's helping regardless lol.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (LOUD NOISES!: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Haha, they'll probably thank you when you show them the write up. :)

One more question, this blend door only switches from heater core to evaporator right? Nothing to do with which vents the air is coming from. I can blow air out of the selected vent/defrost/floor etc just fine, but it will not get hot.

Correct. Also fresh and recirculate Hendricks the need for two arms (two doors).

Correct. Also fresh and recirculate Hendricks the need for two arms (two doors).

Yes, Hendricks the need for two arms.:D:D

But he could play the guitar with one arm and his teeth too.:)

The awesomeness continues...

Now the pats is tripped and the car wont start. Giving a p1260 code. Theft detected.

Last edited:

How did you do that so I know NOT to make the same mistake. :p

Looks like I managed to damage my old friend, Mr transponder loop antenna again.

I'm gonna ask boc if he can write a bypass for this thing.

Back