ABS Pump kinda noisy

Patagium

Registered
Guess I really haven't paid that much attention to it, cause i'm so used to hearing it, but the ABS pump seems to be a bit noisy. While picking up my car after having a good once over with preventative maintenance inspections and oil change, the mechanic said that it maybe noisy because its going bad. He said that it usually sounds like a soft purr, and not that loud. Just looking for some input.

RE: ABS Pump kinda noisy

Are you sure you mean ABS pump and not air suspension pump? The ABS pump is on the drivers side in front of the wheel, the air compressor is on the passenger side in front of the wheel.

When do you hear the noise? You should hear the air suspension compressor pretty often while driving, but you shouldn't hear the ABS pump often at all.

If it is the air suspension compressor that your hearing, it getting louder maybe a sign of it going bad. If it was fairly quiet before, but now its loud, it maybe time to start planning a replacement.

yeah, sorry for the misunderstanding...I meant the air suspension pump...just comes on for a few seconds when I fire the engine up or slow down to a stop or if I get another passenger in the car.

Back