Redrilling cobra rotors

JaxFlConnor

Registered
I can only find about 3 drill presses within 20 miles and none of the shops will let me use them or redrill the bolt pattern for me saying, "I'm a certified mechanic and i've never heard of this blah blah blah should have bought the right parts". I don't really want to drive an hour and a half to campus and use the SAE press, can the slotting inwards or redrilling be done with a cordless drill or a round rasp? It sounds like a lot of work but i'd have to wait a few days to get a ride anywhere with a press.

RE: Redrilling cobra rotors

Um, you've tried machine shops or just mechanics? I would take it to a machine shop to do that work personally.

I took it to a machine shop, but I'm not sure how good you are with a drill. You might want to give it a shot and try and slot them, because that is what i was going to do the next time i changed rotors. I think you only need to make the hole 1mm bigger or so.

I hate America today because of this. No one will do anything for fear of getting sued. Bastards. Sorry to hear the bad luck you've been having. If you lived near me, I'd drill them out for you.

I just bought a new Drill press a few weeks ago.

Back